Your Thoughts on the U2 iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The U2 iPod:

• I think it's great! I am buying one ASAP!!

Votes: 69 20.7%
  • I think it's great! I'm saving my pennies!!

Votes: 56 16.8%
  • It looks interesting but I'm not sure if I'll buy one.

Votes: 71 21.3%
  • I already have an iPod but I'm excited about downloading the boxed set.

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • I see no point in paying again for songs I already own.

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • I think this shows that U2 is greedy and/or selling out and want no part of it.

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 34 10.2%

• Total voters
When is it released in the UK?

On the Apple store in US it says dispatched within 1-2 weeks, but on the UK site it says 3 weeks which it has said for a long time now...

mine is dispatched and should be with me in the next few days ,it was ordered via the uk apple site and originalexpexted arrival when ordered was 30 nov seems Ill have it a week before that!

Rockstar said:
mine is dispatched and should be with me in the next few days ,it was ordered via the uk apple site and originalexpexted arrival when ordered was 30 nov seems Ill have it a week before that!
Just ordered mine from the Uk apple site:drool: can't wait to get this:cool: just had the email it states 3 weeks for delivery.

U2Vertigoing said:
I didn't like it because U2 is becoming more and more commercial:mad:

I think U2 has always been commercially savvy. This is an excellent opportunity to generate publicity for the band and the new album.

Received my ipod but can't decide on the music - this is my second ipod and I have most of the music I want in my library - it's a bad time of year to have to spend extra money - have to save up for the tour:|

How crappy is the alarm?..
it beeps for about 5 seconds...can you change that setting somewhere?
Other than choosing a song to wake you up!

12 hour battery life?...used mine for 2 hours today already half gone...maybe i've stuffed the battery already?
Will get a AA battery pack thingy tommrow (another $100!!!!)

Another thing, about protecting the back....would it be a good idea to laminate?

bono_man2002 said:
12 hour battery life?...used mine for 2 hours today already half gone...maybe i've stuffed the battery already?

Did you fully charge the iPod when you first got it?

I've had an I-pod since january and can't really justify spending another £250. I also have all of U2 on CD so I don't need to download the entire collection, I already have it.

However I would like the U2 I-pod if I had limitless amounts of spare cash.

And yyoo, the battery on my I-pod lasts about 6-8 hours so you've not stuffed the battery.

I just got my u2 ipod, along with the complete u2 collection.

Something I can't figure out :

while playing songs with long titles, they will scroll across the screen so I can read the full name :) When I go browse for a song, anything with a long name gets chopped off.

this is really annoying when i am trying to find a specific version of a song. any help?

BonoFan78 said:
I just got my u2 ipod, along with the complete u2 collection.

Something I can't figure out :

while playing songs with long titles, they will scroll across the screen so I can read the full name :) When I go browse for a song, anything with a long name gets chopped off.

this is really annoying when i am trying to find a specific version of a song. any help?

No remedy.

caylan said:

No remedy.

Actually, there's a $500 (or $600) remedy. You can buy a Photo iPod. Song titles scroll while you're browsing them on a Photo iPod. Sadly, title scrolling isn't supported on other iPods.

Alternatively, you can retitle your tracks (Command-I after selecting a song in iTunes), but that, of course, would be slow and painful.

Last edited:
yyoo said:

Actually, there's a $500 (or $600) remedy. You can buy a Photo iPod. Song titles scroll while you're browsing them on a Photo iPod. Sadly, title scrolling isn't supported on other iPods.

Alternatively, you can retitle your tracks (Command-I after selecting a song in iTunes), but that, of course, would be slow and painful.

LOL :D

No U2 edition for me! I got the mini one for my birthday. It's charged up and ready to go.

I'm going to check this site for tips, since you youngsters are so much technically wiser than me. I also got an Altec speaker dock.

I'm looking forward to loading up my U2 library.

caylan said:

actually i manually deleted "THE COMPLETE U2" from the name of the albums.

They were all labled "The Complete U2 - [Album Name]', so if i wanted to sort by album all i would see is "The complete u2" part.

I guess alternatively, I could have made about 40 of so playslists representing the albums/singles released.

BonoFan78 said:

They were all labled "The Complete U2 - [Album Name]', so if i wanted to sort by album all i would see is "The complete u2" part.

I guess alternatively, I could have made about 40 of so playslists representing the albums/singles released.

Yes me too. The Complete.. part was the main culprit of length.

I organized by era of releases:
Boy/War/Oct/UF
JT/RH
AB/Z/P
ATY/HTD

Sidenote:
The iPod is so powerful but has a lot of quirks that needs tightening up in the future.

& don't even get me started on how I lost 600 songs over thanksgiving trying to move music back to another computer...:mad:

anyone else having a problem with their pod locking up when it says I have half a battery life left. I thought it had a 12 hour battery life? I was walking with it today and it locked up on me half way through I tried that weird thing that you do and it didn't work. I got back to my desk and noticed it was warm and finally the screen went blank. Then I replugged in my headphones and it gave me the too low battery icon. I am real concerned cuz it got so warm.. Its never done that before. And of course I cant charge it til i get home from work..

Anyone have any suggestions..?

Thanks...

I have given in to the temptation and ordered one. Should be here later this week. Ive never had one before, and actually havent a clue how to use it:huh:
So it'll be a day glued to the instruction manual for me...and loading all the cd's on it of course!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!:mad: :mad:

I spoke with apple support today...I have to send my u2 ipod in for repair or replacement!!!!!!!!!! Can you friggin believe it! I have had the thing for 3 weeks and its fried.Because it got warm after it locked up.
Then I charged it last nite and this morning it showed that it was charged but when I went to play music, anything, when I hit play it just scrolled through the songs and went back to the main menu!

:sad: :sad: I CAN'T PLAY MY U2 MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!WAAAAAAA

BonoFan78 said:

I did something similar: I renamed all the album titles so the "Complete U2" part came after the album title:

"[Album Name] (The Complete U2)"

It didn't take too long, but it was kind of a pain.

I got mine about a week ago and haven't had any probs at all - so far uploaded about 1200 songs.

That non-scrolling album title thing is freaking annoying, though.

Back
Top Bottom