Your theory on what's causing the delay to September release?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
They're scraping EVERYTHING and are starting over with the recording. I can't think of any other snag big enough for such a delay.

Honestly, worse case is they have about six or seven tracks they love and six or seven that are close. they are deciding which ones to really work on over the next few months and then BOOM!

Re-record Boy??????? lol! Hmmm, u may be on to something...wink, wink.

hopefuly they have too many killer songs to choose from and we'll get a zooropa type thing! wishful thinking?

Swan269 said:
Honestly, worse case is they have about six or seven tracks they love and six or seven that are close. they are deciding which ones to really work on over the next few months and then BOOM!

I like to think this is the reason why...

They came here, saw some of the stupid bloody pessimists harping on, and decided to be really vindictive by leaving one last song unfinished just because Edge has to add a single note to the very end until September and spend the time in the studio reading Interference and listening to people like us coming up with theories. Then Edge plays the single note, they quickly release the CD, and life is good: their album's out and they got to have their fun with the pessimists.

Oh, and they also go out, invent identities on MBs, make comments on U2Log, et cetera, creating all kinds of incredibly false rumours such as the following;

"Edge killed Larry but the police were bribed out of investigating it and now they're trying to find a new drummer."

"Adam decided to play the violin and Edge can't remember what hand he uses to play the guitar with."

"Bono decided the lyrics were crap so he scrapped all the songs."

"Edge wanted to write the lyrics so he snuck into the studio one night, deleted everything they had, and now they have to start again."

"They decided to record an epic hour-long track for a bonus CD, but Bono's having trouble thinking of a theme so now he's reading up on the entire history of the world."

They want everything to coincide with their induction into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame in 2005.

Axver said:

Oh, and they also go out, invent identities on MBs, make comments on U2Log, et cetera, creating all kinds of incredibly false rumours such as the following;

"Edge killed Larry but the police were bribed out of investigating it and now they're trying to find a new drummer."

"Adam decided to play the violin and Edge can't remember what hand he uses to play the guitar with."

"Bono decided the lyrics were crap so he scrapped all the songs."

"Edge wanted to write the lyrics so he snuck into the studio one night, deleted everything they had, and now they have to start again."

"They decided to record an epic hour-long track for a bonus CD, but Bono's having trouble thinking of a theme so now he's reading up on the entire history of the world."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Talking about fake identities,I wonder if the famous "Edge's cousin" is actually Edge spreading rumour via internet. :hmm: :eyebrow: :lol:

Last edited:
Just wondering, has anyone thought that maybe the band could have put back the album and tour to avoid being too much in the spotlight around the time of the US Presidential election in November? I know it's a long shot, but for Bono to be on tour or whatever around that time the pressure on him to come down strongly on one side or the other would be pretty serious...

We all know he's a liberal and would naturally support any Democratic contender, as he did Clinton in 1992 with high profile meetings and the piss-take of Bush Senior during ZooTV. But this time round maybe they want to avoid supporting one or the other - Bono seems to have built up a bit of goodwill with the Republicans and might want to avoid being drawn into criticizing them or openly endorsing the Democrats...

These are the kinds of problems U2 have to face nowadays. Personally I wish they'd get the album out, start touring and have Bono shoot his mouth off about how corrupt Bush and his cronies are in every arena across America between now and November... But I can understand why it won't happen and see how pushing the album and tour back could avoid a few potentially awkward confrontations...

yes, but bono said he wanted to be on tour during the political campaigns...

keyword in most of these threads RUMOR

we've not got any offical annoncement........until then dont get to angry with september release..becuase for all we know there problerbley trying to throw us off, u2's management and what not is proberbley just feed up with reciveing messages for when the album is due out, the album will be out sometime this year ;)
time will tell

There is no way they scrapped the whole album.

Because if that is true, then only a lunatic would expect a release in September. Okay, maybe September 2007...

good point...i doubt they ditched thomas too, they've always wanted to work with him, and they said for a while that the album is in the tail end and nothing but good things have been said. my guess is the album is nearly finished, the artwork still needs to be done, and Universal wants a big Christmas album. Afterall, there's nothing really bigger than U2 coming out this year

I agree with spencr00, sort of. Guitar driven bands will be the big thing this year, and U2 will be on top of the heap. Guaranteed. They are like the Rolling Stones now, except they are still relevant in this time. If the album is good the younger fans will jump aboard. U2 has attained Legendary status now, as have their live shows. There is nothing to worry about in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom