YOUR perfect HTDAAB?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:

Neverthless the band is alive because of their past, really.

Don´t agree here...

Just wait until you hear (for example) ´sometimes´ or ´miracle drug´ Live... They will blow you away and they will show you that U2 is also alive, because of their great new songs...

theedge111 said:

Im sending you smile right now! You need to hear it.

Can I get it, too? Thanks [nudovicic@pazinski-kolegij.hr]

BTW, if they left out Crumbs, A Man And A Woman and Yahweh, with little better production in LAPOE and COBL, it would be much better for me. I can't compare it eith unreleased stuff, i didn't hear it yet...

blueyedpoet said:
Neon Lights? oh come now...i was so worried after hearing that song...it's boring....I've never called anything U2 has done crap until i heard that....that's how strong I feel about it

Neon Light's is not as boring as One Step Closer, imo.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
A Man and a Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original of the Species
Yahweh
Fast Cars

I like it! :wink:

A week or so after getting HTDAAB, I did my own tracklist --

1//Vertigo
2//All Because of You
3//Miracle Drug
4//Love and Peace Or Else
5//Original of the Species
6//Crumbs from Your Table
7//Fast Cars
8//A Man and a Woman
9//One Step Closer
10//Sometimes You Can't Make It
11//City of Blinding Lights
12//Yahweh

Start with the rock, then slow it down, then build again. Perfection.

I put the album in shuffle everytime, and this came out yesterday... I think it's great

01 - Yahweh
02 - Vertigo
03 - Miracle Drug
04 - All Because Of You
05 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
06 - One Step Closer
07 - Crumbs From Your Table
08 - City Of Blinding Lights
09 - Love And Peace Or Else

until here it was perfect, everything, the fast songs, the slower ones, the flow was amazing... and then this 3 were left out, in that order. I seperate them because between LAPOE and AMAAW nothing happened... like those uncomfortable silences (Seinfeld :wink: )
They just didn't conected

10 - A Man And A Woman
11 - Original Of The Species
12 - Fast Cars

the conection between CFYT and COBL is AMAZING... give it a try

the funny thing is that I just pressed shuffle again and got the same tracklist... It looks like my cd player loved it

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes...
All Because of You
Xanax and Wine
Crumbs from Your Table
City of Blinding Lights *takin ur advice*
A Man and a Woman
Yahweh
Original of the Species
Smile
One Step Closer
Mercy

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
I haven't really tried messing around with HTDAAB's tracklisting yet (which I love to do with album btw:wink: ) but let me give it a shot.

1. Love and Peace or Else
2. All Because of you
3. Fast Cars
4. Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
5. Yahweh
6. A Man and a Woman
7. Miracle Drug
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. Original of the Species
10. Vertigo
11. One Step Closer
12. City of Blinding Lights

Wow. I think thats actually pretty damn good. Now I'm gonna go and try listening to it in that order. I'll let you know how it sounds when I'm done.

Lance.

Okay, I just gave it a quick run-through and made some great adjustments. Now I think this one is really good.

1. Love and Peace of Else
2. All Because of You
3. Fast Cars
4. Vertigo
5. A Man and a Woman
6. Sometime You Can't Make it on Your Own
7. One Step Closer
8. Original of the Species
9. Miracle Drug
10. Crumbs From Your Table
11. City of Blinding Lights
12. Yahweh

Alright, there were two very noticable flaws in my first tracklist. The first was the placement of OOTS. The way this song starts makes it very difficult to place after certain songs. Ultimately I put it after OSC, just like on the album, so I guess they DO know what they're doing :wink:

Secondly, I wanted Vertigo to be near the end of the album originally, but that did mess with the overall sound of the second half of the album. So, ultimatley I made the first 4 songs really rocking, and let the rest of the album cool down a little. My favorite part of this list though is the last 4 songs. Having placed Miracle Drug in the second half of the album really works for its benefit. Coming immediately after Vertigo on the album, Miracle Drug lost some of its real power. After a song like OOTS, it almost flows lyrically, let alone musically improved.

Finally, The Crumbs-COBL-Yahweh super-medly at the end is just awsome. Listen to it. It's amazing. I originally wanted to end the album with Blinding Lights, but I had to find a new place for Yahweh, so I thought "Why not just tack it on the end, like on the real thing?". Well God-dammit. This songs sounds even better coming off COBL.

Well, I hope you like it. I strongly suggest you try this list or something similar. Especially the last 4 songs. It really lets you appreciate all four of them more than usual.

Thanks,
Lance.

At first I didn't like the tracklist...but last night I tried to re-arrange it and I couldn't come up with a better one. So I guess I am happy with it as it is.

Best Version:

1. Vertigo
2. Xanax & Wine (remix)
3. Mercy
4. COBL
5. ABOY (alternate version)
6. AMAAW
7. Crumbs
8. Miracle Drug
9. SYCMIOYO
10. OSC
11. OOTS
12. Yahweh

Get rid of Love And Peace Or Else and put anything in it's place (Mercy, Fast Cars, Are You Gonna Wait Forever) - then you get a perfect HTDAAB.

Cheers,

J

I tried this track order:

Vertigo
All because of you (for a punchy start)
Miracle drug ( the piano hinting a different direction)
Original of the species (way too low on the album)
Sometimes
One step closer
A man and a woman
City of blinding lights (back to more guitar plus I think its too close to Sometimes and Drug on the album)
Love and peace or else (so we have the usual late rocker in the album)
Crumbs
Yahweh

I'm not yet sure about the placements of songs after A man and a woman.

Back
Top Bottom