Your opinion of HTDAAB now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep Over Jack said:

This is an english speaking forum.

LOL----Trust me, it's better that he/she didn't put it in English. You probably wouldn't like what he/she said.

Layton said:

LOL----Trust me, it's better that he/she didn't put it in English. You probably wouldn't like what he/she said.

Theres a surprise! ;)

I'm surprised he is still around.

Sleep Over Jack said:

Theres a surprise! ;)

I'm surprised he is still around.

Keeps us entertained, I guess. I see he's so afraid of having his stupid misconceptions proven wrong that he's resorted to avoiding English. It's sad what people will do to avoid having their lies disproven.

Is it necessary to attack anyone who doesn't like a certain album?

I don't agree with all of what Ponkine said (in his original review, in English) but I do agree with him that the marketing hype was over the top and not justified by the quality of the record.

financeguy said:
Is it necessary to attack anyone who doesn't like a certain album?

I don't agree with all of what Ponkine said (in his original review, in English) but I do agree with him that the marketing hype was over the top and not justified by the quality of the record.

Virtually every post he makes bashes the new album, and insults anyone who likes it, terms like "blind sheep" used frequently ;) So yeah, in this case an "attack" is warranted :)

I don't think so. Of what I've seen, Ponkine seems to offer constructive criticism (albeit with too many smileys :uhoh: :wink: ) and I think he/she really likes the 90s era. So he/she is definitely not a mindless basher. Don't bash ME now, it's only my opinion on what I've observed.

Yes! I like HTDAAB a lot (definitely more than ATYCLB) but I agree with financeguy about the hype and the expensive I-pod promotion.

I believe Ponkine has been warned more than once about his behaviour by the mods. Trust me, he is not constructive, it is just the same pro-90s anti-2000 U2 statements trotted out again and again.....

.....and again, with a few insults thrown in for anyone who dares to like present-day U2. Its been the same since he began posting.

My preference now,

Crumbs: (Never wavered from this opinion)
Original of the Species:
Vertigo
One Step Closer: (big jump)
Sometimes:
A Man and a Woman
Miracle Drug
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You:
Fast Cars
LAPOE
Yaweh
:wink:

again i say the BOMB (for me) works better than ATYCLB ever did.
i can't see any weak song on the new album. here is my BOMB-chart:
1 - Yahweh, 2 - COBL, 3 - ABOY, 4 - LAPOE, 5 - CFYT, 6 - OOTS, 7 - MD, 8 - SYCMIOYO , 9 - OSC, 10 - Vertigo, 11 - AMAAW

ponkine said:
Este album me da mucha pena, lástima, desilución, rabia, etc. Son una mezcla de sentimientos que me hacen difícil definir uno solo por separado. U2 nos han ofrecido un remake de All That You Can´t Live Behind, un producto bien elaborado, detallado y fabricado. El problema es que este album es sólo un producto de mercado para vender y vender, y así ganar los tan preciados dólares.

Es realmente una verguenza que la banda tan rebelde de los 80, la que luchaba por la verdad y hablaba por los que son silenciados bajo cualquier tipo de represión - política, económica, social, racial, cultural, etc -, la banda que jamás compartió escena musical con la moda de sus contemporáneos - el glam Rock de los 80, el grunge de los 90, etc - la banda que marcaba la tendencia musical, la banda que llevaba la bandera de la vanguardia e innovación tanto en composición musical, discos, presentaciones en vivo, arte audiovisual, etc... es una verguenza que aquella banda finalmente se haya vendido completamente, vaciando todo interés creativo y artístico por el dinero facil, el status y el renombre U2, ahora transformado en una empresa codiciosa que vende sólo en base a mentiras fabricadas por la misma banda o sus representantes, y en base al nombre U2, usado hasta el cansancio sin ningún respeto por el legado ni por los fans.

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb es el documento de una decadencia creativa abismante, de un conformismo exasperante, de una mediocridad sin precedentes. Todas las canciones suenan sacadas de All That You Can´t Leave Behind, con las mismas - antes geniales, ahora aburridas y monótonas - guitarras de The Edge y la producción predecible y barata tipo Radio Hit de Brian Eno, Steve Lillywhite y tantos otros.

No existe ninguna canción realmente memorable, salvo City Of Blinding Lights, el resto es sólo una excusa infantil para ir de gira y obtener más y más dinero usando el nombre de U2. Para peor, la forma en que ha sido publicitado este disco es asquerosa: Ipod, críticas de discos probablemente pagadas a todas las revistas musicales importantes, eventos igualmente pagados como Grammy, y todo aquel robo a los fans con los tickets. Claro, ahora piden perdón otorgando más fechas de conciertos ¿ para quiénes ? para ellos mismos, ya que saben que mientras más conciertos hagan más dinero ganarán. Si U2 quisieran pedir perdón de verdad, deberían dar por lo menos 1 concierto por país a visitar absolutamente gratis.

En general, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb es una lástima, un producto desechable de tercera categoría que muestra desde su estúpida portada pseudo Punk la absoluta falta de compromiso e ideas musicales de U2, además de usar a los fans como si fueran números para sus billeteras y cuentas bancarias, estando cómodamente atrapados en All That You Can´t Leave Behind .

Agree with everything you say apart from COBL being good. It's shit. The only decent song is Miracle Drug.

Sleep Over Jack said:

Virtually every post he makes bashes the new album, and insults anyone who likes it, terms like "blind sheep" used frequently ;) So yeah, in this case an "attack" is warranted :)

And you reply everytime to the guy.

One piece of advice: just don't read ponkine's posts.

Oh, BTW, Jack, you stink.

U2_Guy said:

And you reply everytime to the guy.

One piece of advice: just don't read ponkine's posts.

Oh, BTW, Jack, you stink.

I'd watch out with the personal attacks If I was you :)

I reply to ponkine (as do others) because I refuse to let his ridiculous "opinions" and insults go unchallenged..he is a complete troll and its "interesting" to see you defend him.

Sleep Over Jack said:

I'd watch out with the personal attacks If I was you :)

I reply to ponkine (as do others) because I refuse to let his ridiculous "opinions" and insults go unchallenged..he is a complete troll and its "interesting" to see you defend him.

Have it your way.

Ponkine si no te gusta HTDAAB, y piensas que es basura francamente sera muy dificil que te guste algo de U2

HTDAAB es de lo mejor que la banda ha creado
Tiene pasion, dolor, miedo, incertidumbre, amor, espiritualidad.......que mas se puede pedir??

Melodicamente es extraordinario y las letras mejores aun
U2 no se ha vendido a nada, hacen eticamente lo correcto para vender su musica
No se han entregado al rap o al hip hop o a las modas del momento, te equivocas aqui.

Mucho menos es una copia de ATYCLB, que estas oyendo? debes estar bromeando verdad?

Here are just a few quotes I could find about my initial impressions of HTDAAB between October and December 2004. My opinion hasn't changed a bit...in fact, HTDAAB and AB are definitely my favorite U2 albums, and I can only say that now that I've had 6 months of repeated listening to HTDAAB. I don't care if I'm in the minority or about all the folks who dislike the album...that's why I looked up my own quotes to make sure I've been consistent. I have, and I love this album!!! To each his/her own, though, and I love all U2 albums, anyway!

Originally posted by beLIEve back in 2004:

This is the record that will truly establish U2 as one of the top 2 or 3 bands of all time...perhaps even the best ever...history will tell....Posted on October 8 in another thread...

I guess right now, I must agree with the USA Today review and say Atomic is U2’s best work. Like AB, though, I almost always listen to Atomic all the way through...Posted on December 1 in another thread…

Nube Gris said:
Ponkine si no te gusta HTDAAB, y piensas que es basura francamente sera muy dificil que te guste algo de U2

HTDAAB es de lo mejor que la banda ha creado
Tiene pasion, dolor, miedo, incertidumbre, amor, espiritualidad.......que mas se puede pedir??

Melodicamente es extraordinario y las letras mejores aun
U2 no se ha vendido a nada, hacen eticamente lo correcto para vender su musica
No se han entregado al rap o al hip hop o a las modas del momento, te equivocas aqui.

Mucho menos es una copia de ATYCLB, que estas oyendo? debes estar bromeando verdad?
No amigo, desgraciadamente no bromeo en absoluto, es más, hablo con una profunda decepción que viene de un gran fan de la banda desde 1987.
Hay muchas cosas que realmente rayan en lo absurdo e infantil, como pensar que por que no me gusta este disco no me gusta U2... ¿acaso debo decir que "SI ME ENCANTA" como un mero esclavo cada lanzamiento de U2?, NO tengo mi propia opinión y criterio formado, he sido fan de la banda por 17 años... ¿ qué edad tienes tú amigo ?... y me ha gustado prácticamente todo lo de U2 hasta All That You Can´t Leave Behind.

Como te repito, uno puede perfectamente ser gran fan de una banda y no gustarle algunos de sus discos. A mí me fascina Pop, lo reconozco, pero el video Pop Mart en Mexico es malísimo, la presentación en vivo da lástima y Bono apenas se la puede con una voz muy ronca, gastada y débil. ¿Significa que odio la gira Pop Mart?... asistí al show en Santiago y me enamoré de ese momento. No todo es blanco o negro amigo, ese es un error que se comete demasiado a menudo.

No sé cuál es tu punto de vista con decir que hacen lo "éticamente correcto" para vender su música, ya que para ello han recurrido a innumerables mentiras - lo del disco robado, lo del disco puesto en internet, etc, etc - han usado a sus fans como meras tarjetas de cambio de dinero, han robado y robado dinero a través de la fraudulenta venta de tickets a precios horriblemente caros, y más encima se "disculpan" añadiendo más y más fechas para obtener dinero fácil. Lo del Ipod sencillamente no tiene nombre, es el descaro más grande en la historia de U2. Además no permitieron a los sitios de fans poner las letras del disco, lanzaron una mierda de "edición de coleccionistas", ahora están en contra de compartir bootlegs de la próxima gira - ya que quieren venderlos en itunes- etc. No sé cual es tu concepto de "ética", de verdad.

Y lo de que How To Dismantle es una copia de All That You Can´t Leave Behind, no es una opinión mía, es un comentario generalizado, nos guste o no. Es el disco menos original de la historia de U2, no cabe duda alguna. Hay aún muchos fans que tienden a confundir fácilmente el "Nuevo disco" con "El mejor disco". Pasó lo mismo con All That You Can´t Leave Behind amigo, muchos fans dijeron "EL MEJOR DISCO DE U2 !!!" ahora ellos mismos se dieron cuenta que fue un desastre en términos de música - por algo fue votado aquí en interference como el disco más sobrevalorado de la historia de U2, cosa que estoy de acuerdo -. Claro, ahora es el turno de How To Dismantle como "EL MEJOR DISCO DE U2 !!!" pero dentro de 3 o 4 años más, cuando lanzen el nuevo disco, How To Dismantle pasará a ser una mierda y el nuevo será "EL MEJOR DISCO DE U2 !!!" sólo por que es algo nuevo después de mucho tiempo.

Lo siento amigo, pero yo no soy parte de ese juego, amo a U2, pero no de esa forma, y How To Dismantle es una verguenza de disco.

Wow, a ponkine post without any smileys. Has hell frozen over?

doctorwho said:

:up: :applaud:

Great album - better than ATYCLB, IMO. I haven't enjoyed a U2 album this much since AB.

Amen to this. I feel the same way. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb gets a huge :up: from me. And a :heart: And a :love:

Me three!

Originally posted by doctorwho

Great album - better than ATYCLB, IMO. I haven't enjoyed a U2 album this much since AB.

miss becky said:

Amen to this. I feel the same way. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb gets a huge :up: from me. And a :heart: And a :love:

How about another ditto...three pro-HTDAAB posts in a row! :rockon:

1. SYCMIYO
2. OOTS
3. Miracle Drug
4. AMAAW
*Fast Cars
5. LAPOE
6. Crumbs
7. ABOY
8. One Stepo Closer
9. Vertigo
10. Yahweh
11. City of Blinding Lights (hate the production-especiallly the tinkling synth at the beginning)

I love this album. I think that SYCMIYO, OOTS and MD are masterpeices. For some reason I have a real problem with COBL. I like aspects of the song, but something really bothers me. The biggest weakness of the album is that it's the least cohesive studio album they have ever made. It is interesting to compare this with ATYCLB because this album has higher points but doesn't flow the way ATYCLB does. At this point, I have it behind JT, AB, WAR, and POP--yes POP. I group it with UF, ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom