Your one single greatest U2 live moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1160 said:
Vertigo, 26th of November in Montreal.

After Arcade Fire came on stage to WTSHNN, the crowd was in a frenzy for U2. I just about had tears in my eyes when the lights went up at the beginning of COBL.

That must have been something. I was blown away with COBL in Toronto. I'm sure I looked like an idiot in the ellipse, jumping wildly and grasping at the falling confetti.

My favourite moment, however, was at the end of the show, when Daniel Lanois joined in for Bad. It went on forever, with a couple of snippets from 40 and Lanois' The Maker...it was incredible to see that creative spark with my favourite U2 producer up close. I wanted them to make another album right there.

September 13, 1992 - Camp Randall Stadium, Madison Wisconsin

It was my first U2 show & I was in the stratosphere before I ever got to the stadium. :drool: Unfortunately, that means I don't have a lot of clear memories of that night, just a general feeling of absolute euphoria. There is one thing that has remained crystal clear to me though, to this day. My best friend and I were a bit disappointed to get to the stadium & find that our seats were not only at exactly the opposite end of the field from the stage (thank God this was Zoo TV & the giant screens were everywhere! :up: ), but that we were only about 10 rows from the very top of the stadium. The only way we could have been further from the stage was to have been outside Camp Randall! :slant:
But in the end, it was our seating that helped create my single best moment.

EBTTRT is blasting through the air, Edge just ripping it apart; I look over to my left, across the top of the stadium and the hugest, most beautiful, golden full moon I've ever seen is rising into the sky. I swear it looked like it was only feet away from me... I was absolutely breathless.

I've been closer to the stage since that first show but to date, I've not had another experience that was so burned into my conscience. And every time I see a full moon or hear EBTTRT, I get to live that one all over again. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Last edited:
BluRmGrl said:
I've been closer to the stage since that first show but to date, I've not had another experience that was so burned into my conscience. And every time I see a full moon or hear EBTTRT, I get to live that one all over again. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I know what you mean...I'm that way with Streets, it reminds me of my first U2 show in Toronto on Popmart!

u2fan628 said:
ZOO TV Yankee Stadium Bono singing ,can't help falling in love! It was amazing! I also love when they did"The Fly"Oct. 27th 2001 Madison sq Grdn.

Zoo TV Yankee Stadium - What an awesome show, I was there also.

There are LOADS - especially LIB at the NEC and seeing the Arch poking out the top of Wembley stadium, Dublin 97 and 2001 - and Barca this tour!!!

But seeing as I can only choose one then it has to be me at the 1993-08-21, Wembley Stadium concert!

(this concerns English football so most of you won't get it)

After Bono rang Graham Taylor (the then useless England football team manager) he then led the crowd into singing You'll Never Walk Alone - which is my football team's adopted anthem (Liverpool) - and as the crowd sang the last verse I just felt an overwhelming emotion of being proud to be a Scouser at the home of football watching my favourite band that I just belted out at the top of my voice ...
L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L!!!!!!
You wouldn't believe how many faces turned around and looked at me - and smiled :)

Seeing them perform Yahweh two feet in front of me in Atlanta on Nov. 18.

angelordevil said:

That must have been something. I was blown away with COBL in Toronto. I'm sure I looked like an idiot in the ellipse, jumping wildly and grasping at the falling confetti.

I feel the same way...there I was at the tip of the ellipse, right where Bono enters the stage...and I'm looking at the pretty confetti falling INSTEAD of watching Bono 12 inches away from me....

Back
Top Bottom