Your least favourite U2 era - fashion wise.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halifax

The Fly
So in what U2 era do you think our four favourite guys made serious misjudgements in regards to fashion?

When watching the Live Aid DVD, I have to conclude that the UF/Live Aid era is the worst. Edge's bald spot, the choice of clothing, the mullet...heck, Larry is the only one who hasn't fallen under the wrath of the fashion police during that era!

However, after looking at the pictures in the "Bono in Conversation" book and seeing Adam's enormous 'fro, it kind of changed my mind :lol: :adam:

*Please note: this is all just a bit of fun and not a superficial judgement of the band.

Edge and Adam's look on the 'UABRS' video always makes me chuckle!
Bono's UF look isn't wonderful, probably mostly cos of his hair.

Larry's just always cool I think!:wink:

Rattle and Hum maybe. Edge's ponytail was bad news.

The others were OK I guess. Didn't Adam have suspenders though? Hmmm.

Bono's recent red jacket and conductor's cap are some of the worst ever.

Some of October was horrible but then some was OK.

Overall.... has to be War. Those Bono vests were terrifying.

Edge dresses the best now he ever has!

Zoo TV was bad ass all around...

Zooropa!

Boy was cool for the punk look.

UF is my fav album so that era gets a free pass.

This is easy:

POP!

Bloody, bloody awful!! If I never see that muscle shirt :sick: or Edge's mo' :barf: or Adam's baggy Bowie pants :madspit: ever again, it will be too soon!

Pop. I hated that muscle shirt and short hair on Bono. Hated Edge's mustache. I never could understand how Adam could perform under those hot lights wearing a friggin' mask on his face.

Just say :no: to Pop-era fashion.

Hey! Pop was one of the coolest eras! :D You just must take it with a grain of salt, that's all. ^^

Back to the topic: I will go with Boy-October-War-UF era. Mainly because of U2's hair-do and clothes. I'm SO happy they don't look like that now :p
Overall the coolest and the best era were whole nineties. (Zoo Tv//Passengers//Pop)

The 'Pop' era, although the UF/Live aid era was pretty forgettable as well.

The Pop era was cool! I loved those action figure shirts. And Bono was far far cooler with his crew cut. But; each to his or her own i suppose. . .

Just watching an October-era concert on DVD, and the hair was pretty scary then. But for some reason I quite like it. :wink:

Joshua Tree cowboy/country fashion was pretty crap.

Boy-October-War

I love Adam's fro, but other than that, really not that good fashion-wise for the band.

And the Pop-era fashion wasn't that bad. I loved the way they looked then. I used to hate Bono's short hair then, but it's since grown on me more. And I liked Edge's cowboy look - I'm a little tired of the beanie.

#1bonofan said:
I would have to say the Unforgettable Fire era. the mullet, the pirate clothes, and the high heel boots Bono wore. (But he was still hot!)

:madspit: I liked his boots. :wink:

Am I the only one who loved the Cowboy set during the Joshua Tree era? It looked awesome (espiecially in Rattle and Hum when the band performed "Streets...").

Edge: Pop, except the white cowboy get up, that was nice actually.

Bono: Pop.

Larry, hmm, jeans and t-shirts never really go out of fashion. If anything, it's his super short hair I didn't care for, (see Walk on video for reference).

Adam, (don't hurt me) Joshua Tree era, I dunno, too clean cut, (even Larry had kind of a feathery thing going on with his hair.)

Like an army recruit, this man once had an afro! big blond bushy afro. His clothes were bit wild at times, but I see it as a reference to the times they lived in.

"Red Rocks" and Pop are my fave Adam looks. Right now is nice too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom