Your least favorite track on Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are no bad songs on AB! This was my 1st U2 experience, I stole it from my daughter & started listening while I went for my walk. It will always have a special place in my heart! P.S. Wild Horses - Bono sounds so sexy in it! I'd like to ride that wild horse! (LOL):giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

for me, it' a tie between so cruel and love is blindness.

Last edited:
This is the only CD I listen to all the way through. I love So Cruel. There is something about Bono's voice and the rhythm that drives me crazy. I know it is about a love gone wrong, but I think it is so sexy! :drool:

Dont have a least favourite on that album...I guess thats why its my favourite.

I love them all.

I'm guessing Trying to Throw... is winning the poll in here though.
Clue to understanding the song - it's straight after Mysterious Ways. And the story told in Mysterious Ways wouldn't be complete without the guilt of the morning after. It's certainly not a filler, it's just the second half of the same story.

It's a really great album, but I think it could have been even better if they did the hard rockin :rockon: version of Acrobat (like on the outtakes, man that guitar and Bono going nuts!)

So Cruel... even though I like it! That shows how damn well that album STILL stands on its own! Their best!

I'd have to say Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World. Nice enough tune, very important to the album thematically, but not something would I go out of the way to listen to outside the context of AB as a whole. In other words, I would never put it on a mix CD.

tryin to throw your arms around the world is one of my favourite songs on the album! My least favourite is "even better than the real thing". I really don't think it's a good song at all. I like mysterious ways but i wish they'd do a different song live (like ultraviolet that would be quality)

The album still stands up as the best album of the last 20 years. Even Moby agreed with me. I could be wrong on that. They have set such high standards for themselves and every other band that we all should step back a minute and enjoy them a little more.

the ONLY song I can't really get into is Even Better than the Real Thing. and even that's good for running on the treadmill to!

Back
Top Bottom