Your least favorite track on Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love is blindness
and occasionally acrobat. i have to be in this certain mood in order to tolerate acrobat. if i'm not, i skip the track. :reject:

but to sum it up, i love AB and can't get enough of it.

I rarely listen to Love is Blindness so it wins the prize...

Zoo Station and So Cruel are the other ones but they still are great songs.

I love the whole album, but if I was forced to choose it would have to be Wild Horses, simply because it's the most U2-sounding song on the album.

But like I say, the entire album is great, there are no weak tracks.

So Cruel, TTTYAATW, and Love is Blindness are all somewhat supbar in my view. All the rest are at least PRETTY good. Those three sound kind of "bleh," though - compared to the rest of the album.

TTTYAATW. . . though the live versions save the song. the intro live with that whatever-the-hell-it-is that starts the song, and the drums coming in, and the crowd going crazy, it's really cool!

Who's Gonna Ride (insert cliche here)

At first i didn't like Zoo Station, but then I had it on my ipod while i was walking -- It blew me away!! I love it now.

Love Is Blindness to me is very heavy, so its a little difficult to listen to sometimes -- I love it though!!

(Edited because i'm an idiot -- i spelt 'but' and 'my' wrong)

Last edited:
I don't think Acrobat is underrated by anyone. It seems as though everyone knows just how great it is.

On the other hand, Heartland doesn't get much respect. I actually used to hate it, but have grown to love it. Bono's vocals alone make it an essential listening experience.

starvinmarvin said:
I don't think Acrobat is underrated by anyone. It seems as though everyone knows just how great it is.

On the other hand, Heartland doesn't get much respect. I actually used to hate it, but have grown to love it. Bono's vocals alone make it an essential listening experience.
I think everyone should relisten to Heartland while on the ganja.

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World. It should never have made the album. It's a bit of a dull plod through b-side country.

Wild Horses

I would second the notion that Heartland is overrated on these boards. Talk about B-side material.

Edit: I have this theory that people only like it and praise it because they think it makes it them true hardcore fans since they have scoured the albums for gems, when in fact they actually looked for one of the more obscure tracks to praise despite its shortcomings. Theory or maybe sneaking suspicion?

Last edited:
TheRooster said:

I would second the notion that Heartland is overrated on these boards. Talk about B-side material.

Edit: I have this theory that people only like it and praise it because they think it makes it them true hardcore fans since they have scoured the albums for gems, when in fact they actually looked for one of the more obscure tracks to praise despite its shortcomings. Theory or maybe sneaking suspicion?

Hmm I love Heartland, period, and it has nothing to do with being a "true hardcore fan" or scouring any albums for obscure tracks to praise. :scratch:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom