Your help is needed!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fluffy123

The Fly
Hello :)

I'm currently studying a music degree at university, and in my final year. As part of that final year, I'm required to submit a dissertation, which is an extended research project of about 15,000 words.

I'm very keen to conduct a study on U2 fans through this forum, if at all possible. It would basically involve me interviewing fans (through MSN for example), and exploring how people use U2 and Music in general within their everyday lives. It would also involve exploring how they use this forum in relation to the previously mentioned issues.

It'll take up a couple of hours of your time at most spread over the next couple of weeks, and can be a little bit of fun as there are a few activities that you can complete ;) hehe

I can assure you this is 100% genuine, and it could even be an article that I could submit to the site (even if it will end up at about 15,000 words! ), but as a U2 fan, it is something I'd really like to study academically.

Ideally, I'll have about 8-10 people, from different locations. Theres no specific fan I need, but ideally i'd enjoy those who have travelled around a lot to see the band, been to many live shows and is a huge fan, and also some who love the band but maybe have just attended one show and are happy with that etc etc.

Anyway, thats it for now, I've probably gone on for too long!...any other questions, dont hesitate to ask. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll email you with any answers to questions you may seek.

You'll be saving my (academic!) career ;)

Thanks,
Jason.

I'd be happy to help you out. I grew up on U2 and although I haven't seen them live yet, I'm flying to the States to see the three Boston gigs in May.

If you want to contact me, I'm AndarkAxver on AIM.

I'm more than willing to help you :yes:

a Chilean guy in your study?... talk about searching :wink:

I'm on MSN messneger... same name... pepokiss

Last edited:
Oooh, ooh, pick me!! I'm 24, so too young and too poor to have been to a lot of shows, but I've been to two and will be camping out to try to get in the egg this year! (Been a fan since I was 12.)

(you can im me on AIM, name's thousandfold there, too, or e-mail thousandfold@gmail.com)

Last edited:
I consider myself a big fan, but I'm fairly new to U2 and haven't seen them live yet.

My AIM is NTpack2.

I'll be in for this, i'm a huge fan. I'm very familier with all of thier work. But i haven't been to a show yet. However i've seen all the live concert videos hundreds of times.

I also collect U2 bootlegs so know the shows fairly well. I live in Australia :)

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for helping... What I think I'll do is submit an email to you all, detailing it all a bit further if thats all ok?

I haven't got AIM though, so the people who've submitted those details, do you have msn? if not, I'll have to find AIM from somewhere ;)

If those who've replied here without leaving an email address could email me at
mu0u207f at liv.ac.uk
with your email address, or if you could leave it here. I'll get the email sent out to you all ASAP!

It'll be fun....don't worry....well I hope so anyway! ;)

Thanks again,

Jason.

If you still need anyone, I'd be happy to take part as well. I'm 34 and have been a rabid fan for 18 years. I've seen them 11 times live since 1987 and have considered them a constant companion in my life since then.

mhull28@yahoo.com

If you still need another person, I would be happy to help. I'm 26 and I live in Canada. I've been a fan for about 5 years and will hopefully be seeing them live for the first time this tour. The band and the music have had a huge impact on my life, especially in the last year and a half. I don't have MSN, but my email is:

ses615@mail.usask.ca

Thanks everyone!

Everyone that has left an email address has been sent an email of some sort!

Still waiting for some of the others though- really want to hear from you, but I need an email address if possible, thanks!

*BUMP*

Just for one last go, anybody else interested in taking part in this. It's just a little bit of work, and my eternal love is gauranteed! hehe ;)

Back
Top Bottom