Your First U2 Song Of 2006...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got home from party, Put Fly on.

Fly - Vertigo
Streets - ZooTV
Pride - ZooTV

Kind of drunk but I correct spelling

:wink:

Does "I've Got You Under My Skin" count?

If not, I guess it was City Of Blinding Lights -- cos it was the first song on the Vertigo concert special I watched this morning/afternoon.

New Year's Day came on one of the radio channels right at midnight!
What a way to start 2006!!

Mysterious Ways came on the radio as I was driving home from a party :wink:

I'm putting on New Year's Day now, because a lovely midnight snow just fell and the lyrics are more perfect than they've ever been.

Last year the news channel played Vertigo as the ball dropped in Times Square.

I played the studio version of New Year's Day right at midnight, then I went to bed and the first song I played when I woke was New Year's Day from 28 May 2005, Boston.

I was watching the "Retro" section on Much More Music and, surprise surprise, the video for New Year's Day came on shortly after midnight. :) So New Year's Day has now been the first U2 song I've heard to start off the year in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006! Five years in a row, not bad.

GibsonGirl said:
I was watching the "Retro" section on Much More Music and, surprise surprise, the video for New Year's Day came on shortly after midnight. :) So New Year's Day has now been the first U2 song I've heard to start off the year in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006! Five years in a row, not bad.
I should strive for this amount of New Years Dayness :drool:

mads said:
new year's day

:reject:

That's the obvious choice :up: I did as well. I contemplated one of the many live versions, but I thought nahh, I haven't listened to the War version in ages. And now I'm listening to Drowning Man...:drool: the first half of War is possibly the strongest first half of any U2 album (especially in comparison to the second half which is somewhat lacking, imo).

the rockin edge said:
i have now listened to the entire lovetown new years day show :up:
Yeah, I'll start that soon, so I guess "Streets" will be my first U2 song of 2006.

(My first song and album this year by anyone was "A Hard Day's Night.")

How the heck do you people get concerts from the 80's? I've always heard about the '89 concert and have wanted to listen to it... do you download it from somewhere? Is it available for purchase?

I'm not at home, but I e-mailed the New Year's Day video to myself, because I knew I wanted to watch it first thing, no matter where I was. So at just a couple of minutes after midnight, I watched it.

Elevation Miami 26.03.01. I'm listening the entire concert.The song being played at the moment is Bad.I had fan listening to angel of harlem.Bono forgot words to almost whole song.

Back
Top Bottom