Your Favourite U2 album cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitty

Babyface
As the title suggests - what's your favourite U2 album cover? For example, is it the simplistic cover for Boy/War or the photo montage of Achtung Baby/Zooropa? I have to say that I prefer Achtung Baby as it 'hits you' and is very colourful, with lots of strong imagery. What's your favourite?

Hey, nice topic Whitty!

I'd have to say it's a tie. I really like the AB cover but I also really love the ATYCLB cover.
smile.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I love the Achtung Baby cover. It's the best without a doubt. From the sexy pic of Bono to the snake to the pic of Larry's torso and the strange car-it is just great. A good indicator that they had changed, too. Or maybe its just because AB is my fav CD.

AB

------------------
I'm only asking, but I think you know.

"This is so bad it's gone way past good and back to bad again." - Enid, Ghost World.

Anton makes great covers.
biggrin.gif

As much as I love AB I don't list it as my favorite cover..
eek.gif

I have a tie b/w JT and ATYCLB

tania

------------------
I can't even say the bloody word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

u2_fire.jpg

------------------
N A T E

Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
and the cartoon network turns into the news...

I like all the covers, they all convey the mood of the album.
UF - atmospherics
JT - introspective rock band
R&H - rock 'n' roll band on tour
AB - technology and loads of feelings
Zooropa - tech and ambience
Pop - rock 'n' roll band with modern tech touches
ATYCLB - rock 'n' roll band ready to take off and become popular again with more pure sound

By the way it took me ages to work out that on the AB cover, in the first picture, third row down, it's a snake. I thought it was a weird lamp post in Berlin. I wonder if it's the cobra that they used in the Mysterious Ways video. I'm terrified of snakes, especially cobras, so it gave me a bit of shock working out what it was!!! I think the snake image is to do with betrayal which is the main theme that underpins virtually all the tracks on the album - betrayal in love.

[This message has been edited by Zoo Station (edited 02-23-2002).]

This has been done before, and last time I said the same thing - Rattle and Hum! No one ever mentions it, but I just love how it captures a moment, and what a great moment!! I love the black and white.
and talking of black and white, the vinyl of Desire single has a great photo of Larry.

Pamela

some begged and dreamt of other lives,
some begged and dreamt of other roads,
of another home
of another home
where the streets have no name -
take me ............................... yake me !!

Definitely AB. That cover still amazes me. I've had the CD for 5+ years and I still find new things on there- not that I study it in my every waking moment or anything.

Back
Top Bottom