your favourite snippet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nathan1977 said:
Lovetown was the best for snippetry, IMHO.

Amazing Grace in the middle of Love Rescue Me
In the Midnight Hour at the end of Love Comes to Town
Suspicious Minds in Angel of Harlem
Sexual Healing in All I Want is You
Exodus in Still Haven't Found
Dirty Old Town in Running to Stand Still
Bad with the various snippets...
Auld Lang Syne at the start of Streets
Love Will Tear Us at the end of With

Aside from those, the "Relax" bit in Discotheque also rocks our collective faces off.

Could somebody upload a version of Love Rescue Me (TERRIBLY underrated song, IMO) w/ the Amazing Grace snippet?

Thanx!

FitzChivalry said:
I also really love when he snippets "Never Tear Us Apart", but I'm not sure what song he does that in.

Bono sang it on All I Want Is You too ( Popmart Mexico )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Bad / The First Time / Bad - Vertigo Tour Chicago

My favorite performance of Bad, my favorite snippet.

Others:

WOWY - Shine Like Stars / Love Will Tear Us Apart
The Electric Co. - Bullet with Butterfly Wings / Break On Through to the Other Side

I personally, in acoustic performances, have played the first two verses and chorus of Bruce Springsteen's My City of Ruins during Kite instead of the "Did I waste it..." verse at the end. That worked well, I think.

Question: does that particular First time count as a snippet ? It is played in between Bad but it's the full song and Edge does play the chords as opposed to usual Bad chords.

U2girl said:
Question: does that particular First time count as a snippet ? It is played in between Bad but it's the full song and Edge does play the chords as opposed to usual Bad chords.

I count it as a snippet. It's a bit iffy, but it's wholly contained within Bad. (And as far as noting it on U2VT's database goes, I don't really have another option!)

Back
Top Bottom