Your favorite acoustic song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

which is the best acoustic U2 song in your opinion?

• I still haven't found what I'm looking for

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Angel of Harlem

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Desire

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Stay

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Staring at the sun

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Please

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • The ground beneath her feet

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Wild honey

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Well I was thinking about acoustic songs played on the tours, that's why One (you mean the one from Bono solo CD where Michael Stipe is singing? Agree, great version - I only wish it was Bono singing) or Halleluiah here she comes or Stuck didn't make it.

AchtungJedi said:
That's not Bono? Certainly sounds like him.

WHAT?!?

Isn't that the "automatic baby" show when members of U2 and REM played together?

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing here, but no way is that Bono on this version of One.

There's a version Bono did with Daniel Lanois and an orchestra the last night of 1999 (for "America's Millennium Gala," whatever that was), in front of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. It begins with an odd dedication to Bill Clinton and ends with some lines from George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" and a bunch of hallelujahs.

Somebody look around on Sicy's FTP for it. If it's not there, I can upload it later.

There's an article here with pictures and a transcript of Bono's introduction.

It's always interesting to hear the song without the Edge. The Automatic Baby version fills the void by adding a little countermelody with Mike Mills' backing vocals, the War Child gives it full orchestral embellishments, and this version throws in a swirling Hammond organ or something, an orchestra to replace the missing synth, and the hallelujahs (assisted by a choir?) at the end, all anchored by some acoustic strumming. Quite nice.

Last edited:
It could have been the night or the time that it happened but Please with Bono and Edge was touching...kind of them sitting in a room and playing it for the first time........

Love is NOT what your thinking of

Back
Top Bottom