young u2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats nice to see that U2 music inspire new generations.

Go for it, you have all your life in front of you to explore U2 phenomenom and love.

Listen carefully and starte maybe with 80-es. I became fan when Joshua Tree was released.

enjoy and welcome to the club :)

their is alot of young U2 fans. ATYCLB and HTDAAB brought in ALOT of new fans. The best part of being a U2 fan is that their is so much to discover. You buy a album like AB and War and you're blown away that it's the same band, because it sounds so different, but yet so amazingly good. People may hate the fact they did a collab with GD but it's introducing people to U2. Thats what we all want in the end :wink:

I'm 16 and my first exposure to U2 was ATYCLB and I remember liking the first 4 songs and that's about it. Soon it became the first 5 songs, then the first 6, and then over time I would listen to the whole CD. That's when HTDAAB came out and I remember feeling a great love for the band, but I remember my first true love for this band came when I heard Where the Streets Have No Name live.

Although my first love for a U2 CD came when I heard Achtung, Baby! Amazing experience. Go out and purchase it right now. Then buy The Joshua Tree and War.

I'm 16.

When elevation was first release I heard it on the radio and remember thinking to myself, "wow, this is a cool song."
I did my U2 research and realized they sang songs I've heard before and liked. Pride, WOWY, etc.

So the first two albums I bought by U2 were ATYCLB and the best of 1980-1990.

And now, I own about ever album, a few DVDs, books, etc.
Basically, it didn't take me very long to grow completely obsessed.
=D

fna692002 said:
their is alot of young U2 fans. ATYCLB and HTDAAB brought in ALOT of new fans. The best part of being a U2 fan is that their is so much to discover. You buy a album like AB and War and you're blown away that it's the same band, because it sounds so different, but yet so amazingly good. People may hate the fact they did a collab with GD but it's introducing people to U2. Thats what we all want in the end :wink:
Exactily!:up:

I'm 17, and I've been a U2 fan as long as I can remember. My father used to own the Joshua Tree and would always play it. I loved ATYCLB when it came out, and loved HTDAAB.

I'm 16 and when HTDAAB was released (my first album) I started to be a expontinous fan, later on, Vertigo 05 DVD just grab me to be huge fan of U2 and then I just started to bought limited edition stuff, all their cds, shirts, DVDs, blabla...
The thing here is that U2 inspires me, Bono does it even more! it's like the sound of my soul :)
-FCA

I was about 15 when I first saw the music video for Elevation and being blown away by it. Since then I've been addicted.

What got me hooked on U2 was the War/Joshua Tree era. If you listened to me waxing nostalgic for 80s U2 you'd never guess I was born in the year they released JT. :shrug: Then again I don't listen to much new music, or new music by bands that aren't old, and I'm all for the sounds of the 80s-early 90s.

Goocher100 said:
I was about 15 when I first saw the music video for Elevation and being blown away by it. Since then I've been addicted.

same here but i think i was either 13 or 14

ATYCLB brought in a whole new generation of fans

Last edited:
17, and I've shaken hands with Bono (show-off), and I've attended four shows.

Beautiful Day hooked me.

Last edited:
19, but I became a fan last year when I saw them live, though I liked Vertigo and Beautiful Day when I heard them on the radio. And now... Oh, it's an intense love.

Was a fan when I got Joshua tree given to me from my aunt b/c I heard the name of the band from my cousin.

Serious love affair with with or without you...

then I got POP, and I was blown away by how it could be the same band! I was suprised when I looked through the POP booklet to see that their bass player had been replaced by an african american...Adam looked like the dude from No Doubt b/c of all the miami sun, lol!!!!

then shortly after, BD hit the radios and I was blown away!

I collected some of the albums, War, Achtung, because everyone talked about some song called One...

Saw them in concert and was blown away further, bough the rest of their albums, and the rest is history!

I enjoyed HTDAAB a lot too

I'm 24 now, but I became a diehard (okay, obsessed) fan when I was 13. I got razzed a lot in school, but I really didn't care...and now I'm remembered as the U2 gal, which is okay in my book.

Bonochick said:
I'm 24 now, but I became a diehard (okay, obsessed) fan when I was 13. I got razzed a lot in school, but I really didn't care...and now I'm remembered as the U2 gal, which is okay in my book.

I get razzed still but my mates have grown to accept my condition.

I'm 18 and I have been a U2 fan for almost a decade.

1997, Pop. That's all it took. I listened to nothing but that album for months on end. Eventually I got into U2's back catalouge. For some reason it didn't strike me as odd that The Joshua Tree sounded so different from Zooropa and that neither of those really sounded quite like October. It was all U2 to me and I loved it all.

ATYCLB sealed the deal for me. I had started getting into pop music, but once I heard Beautiful Day U2 was my #1 again, and I've had awesome taste in music ever since :wink:

glad to see that U2 is still gaining younger fans, it often seems that they are mocked within my age group

I'm in my mid twenties. I knew of U2 and thought they were pretty good but didn't really become a fan until recently when AYCLB and more importantly when HTDAAB came out. Then I was able to go back and really appreciate all of thier past work. I am perplexed when all the diehards say U2 sold out, or thier new albums are just flat or ho hum, or not what they want U2 to be doing. That makes me sad to see as a new fan, but that's a different topic.

ANYWAY....I am glad to say there are many of us that have become fans of U2 because of thier new music!

I'm 16 and have been a U2 fan for almost exactly a year now. I first got hooked on Street and Still Haven't Found by listening to the CD my dad had lying around, and I got further hooked when my cousin (alright, Aunt) got me Atomic Bomb for a Thanksgiving/Christmas present. Around December, I bought ATYCLB and Achtung (which quickly became my favorite album EVER) at Virgin Orlando. From there I collected the Chicago DVD and most of their other albums. I finally completed my CD collection when Virgin Chicago had a sale on 80's CD's, and I picked up Boy and October. My latest addition was Slane Castle, and I'm never looking back.

I'm 18 and I became a U2 fan four years ago when I listened to The Best of 1990-2000. Mysterious Ways is what got me hooked. I still think the 90s contain the band's best work. I became a hardcore fan when I saw Zoo TV Sydney on VHS in 2004. The RTSS/Streets segue was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen and heard in music.

When HTDAB came out I couldnt stand U2, I thought it was soo annoying :reject:

Then I saw my dad watching Rattle and Hum, I asked him who that was, he said it was U2 I was like:ohmy: because I was just used to seeing U2 as U2 now-adays....

I REALLY got into U2 after seeing them at a last year concert.

After that got obsessed with everything..

BlackElectric said:
I'm 16.

When elevation was first release I heard it on the radio and remember thinking to myself, "wow, this is a cool song."
I did my U2 research and realized they sang songs I've heard before and liked. Pride, WOWY, etc.

So the first two albums I bought by U2 were ATYCLB and the best of 1980-1990.

And now, I own about ever album, a few DVDs, books, etc.
Basically, it didn't take me very long to grow completely obsessed.
=D

just like me.

Im 20 now but when i was 14 i loved the song Beautiful Day and probably still my faveroute but i discovered all of U2's history and bought there best of albums.

I cant get enough of U2 They were brilliant when they started out and are still as good as they have ever been!!

The more i listen to HTDAAB the more i find it brilliant!!

I'm curious, and this is a genuine question, why are you all fans of such old farts?? :huh: I look at all the artists I love and they're only a bit older than I am. If I were 15 today, I don't think I'd be into a band that is older than most parents. :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
I'm curious, and this is a genuine question, why are you all fans of such old farts?? :huh: I look at all the artists I love and they're only a bit older than I am. If I were 15 today, I don't think I'd be into a band that is older than most parents. :wink:

I dare say, that's one of the strangest questions I've ever seen here.

If you were a teenager and only wanted to listen to bands that weren't much older than you, you're not left with many options.

I'd say most younger folks here prefer to listen to good music. If they stuck with bands around their own ages, what does that leave them these days ... High School Musical and JoJo and the Cheetah Girls?

Or maybe the music is more important to these folks than worrying about how old the artist is.

Last edited:
my daughter Teagan is 9 and has been listening to u2 since she was in diapers ....her fave is Miracle Drug , she even lets me sing the Edge's part when we are driving

blueeyedgirl said:

U2 aren't old farts when you compare then with other bands and artists that are huge, like the rolling stones and Morrissey (that man HAS to be older than Bono!). I think I prefer bands that came out of the 60's/70's/80's than any nowadays... but I do like more modern bands like the kaiser cheifs and the zutons aswell.
Just a matter of taste isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom