you won't believe this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozeeko

Refugee
I was listening to HTDAAB, which I do every week or so to see if i may finally "get it." So I listened through the whole album, having the same reactions of boredom all over again. I wanted to listen to Wake Up Dead Man, the closing track from POP, to wipe the memory of Bomb, but get this...I accidently cued up the wrong song. Out of my IPOD U2 collection came "Is That All?", the last song from October! One of the well-known worst songs of all time from U2's career. And for some reason, I was loving it! It made me get up dance like a stupid white man! Now this may sound ludicrous to many, but "i like "Is That All" better than every song off HTDAAB"!!! And that says a lot about the current state of U2's music!

maybe i was just reacting to the riff and energy since HTDAAB left me nearly comatose. It was refreshing to hear. It's probably one of U2's most honest songs. Honest because it's U2 singing about not being able to write a decent song. And the frustration bleeds through the track. If you're in the right mood it will hit you.

ozeeko said:
I was listening to HTDAAB, which I do every week or so to see if i may finally "get it."

I say you have far too much time on your hand. Maybe you should get a life or a new hobby.

Maybe knitting. Knitting is great for those that like to sit around and bitch about the same thing everyday of everyweek. My grandmother's knitting circle is like that, same conversation every week, you'd fit right in.

Re: Re: you won't believe this...

doubleU said:
Maybe knitting. Knitting is great for those that like to sit around and bitch about the same thing everyday of everyweek. My grandmother's knitting circle is like that, same conversation every week, you'd fit right in.

:lol:

ozeeko said:
Now this may sound ludicrous to many, but "i like "Is That All" better than every song off HTDAAB"!!! And that says a lot about the current state of U2's music!

I wouldn't expec another comment from you ozeeko... Every thread you start or in every post you make you have to say smthg like this or even worse... But that's ok... I'm so getting used to it, that it is starting not to matter much.

Is that all... great riff... WUDM one of the most emotive U2 songs...:wink:

Wow, well, this goes to show U2 aren't trying to please everyone, it's probably a good thing there's such difference of opinion about their albums.

October is my #4 album of theirs.

I mean, cut a bunch of 20 year olds some slack ye know.

Last edited:

doubleU said:

I say you have far too much time on your hand. Maybe you should get a life or a new hobby.

And at that knitting circle I bet they all talk about you having a stick up your ass. Sounds like fun! Anywayz, I wasn't bitching in my post, I was celebrating the unrecognized genius of "Is That All?" Maybe if my post was about "Miracle Drug" or "Man And A Woman" I would be making some friends.

Last edited:

Aygo said:

I wouldn't expec another comment from you ozeeko... Every thread you start or in every post you make you have to say smthg like this or even worse... But that's ok... I'm so getting used to it, that it is starting not to matter much.

Is that all... great riff... WUDM one of the most emotive U2 songs...:wink:

And I wouldn't expect you to spell "expect" correctly.

is that all and Cry (the intro to electric co.) always get me confused since they are identical in the begining.

Bomb is definately sleepier than a specific fast song but that shouldn't have been a big shock now really.

Re: Re: Re: you won't believe this...

ozeeko said:

And at that knitting circle I bet they all talk about you having a stick up your ass.
No they all love me.:wink:
ozeeko said:

I wasn't bitching in my post, I was celebrating the unrecognized genius of "Is That All?"
A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf.
ozeeko said:

Maybe if my post was about "Miracle Drug" or "Man And A Woman" I would be making some friends.
Why would you care about making friends?:shrug:

All I'm saying is write "HTDAAB sucks" in your signature and get it over with. That way you can move on and provide some productive talk, and not waste your time spelling it out 128 different ways.

Re: Re: Re: Re: you won't believe this...

doubleU said:

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf.

Why would you care about making friends?:shrug:

All I'm saying is write "HTDAAB sucks" in your signature and get it over with. That way you can move on and provide some productive talk, and not waste your time spelling it out 128 different ways.

A wolf in sheep's clothing? Are you Confucius now? I don't care about making friends...only jokes. It's not like I want me you and Aygo to meet at a Starbucks later and discus U2 (unless you're into it). And I do provide productive talk, you just seem to always find me on posts where my opnion on HTDAAB is enforced. In fact, on another thread I'm defending "Crumbs From Your Table." Pretty neat, huh? Check out some of my other posts, like my setlist for a concert using every album. No one's responded to me yet. Oh woe is me I am so alone.

Last edited:
I'll keep it just to have a complete U2 collection. But you're right. I'll cut it down to once a year instead. I've just been on a U2 kick lately.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you won't believe this...

ozeeko said:

A wolf in sheep's clothing? Are you Confucius now? I don't care about making friends...only jokes. It's not like I want me you and Aygo to meet at a Starbucks later and discus U2 (unless you're into it). And I do provide productive talk, you just seem to always find me on posts where my opnion on HTDAAB is enforced. In fact, on another thread I'm defending "Crumbs From Your Table." Pretty neat, huh? Check out some of my other posts, like my setlist for a concert using every album. No one's responded to me yet. Oh woe is me I am so alone.

Mate, I'm sorry, but that's the truth...
In the greatest part of your threads/posts the subject is something related with HTDAAB-bashing. Ok, we have already got it: you don't like to football with the album, that's ok. I can understand it.
But there's no need of this. If so... what are we doing here? Wasting time because there are no jobs or schools for us to go or work for us to do? I guess not.
I'm not to the opinion that this forum is only to talk only about the good thing U2 made, no!
This is exagerated, non-sense and getting boring...
I guess that's not the main purposal of this board...

I thought this thread was good. We've all learned something about ourselves and we're all better people for it. Awwww

However, the thread should die a natural death and won't go down without a fight. "Is That All"? Hell no. I'm just getting warmed up! Hoo-HA! (al pacino)

Aygo said:

Too true. :rolleyes: Do we need a list of members who write the same things over and over again? :| I haven't been on for a few days, and between these threads & MattFromNYC's threads, I see I didn't really miss anything.... :huh:

Re: Re: Re: you won't believe this...

Utoo said:

Too true. :rolleyes: Do we need a list of members who write the same things over and over again? :| I haven't been on for a few days, and between these threads & MattFromNYC's threads, I see I didn't really miss anything.... :huh:

atleast there have been less Pop threads

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you won't believe this...

ozeeko said:

And I do provide productive talk, you just seem to always find me on posts where my opnion on HTDAAB is enforced.

Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected you to spell "opinion" correctly.

:tsk:

(Guess whose side I'm on? :wink:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: you won't believe this...

LemonMacPhisto said:

atleast there have been less Pop threads

We swat 'em like flies, but like flies the buggers keep coming back.

Back
Top Bottom