You may think I'm crazy, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STING2 said:
The Unforgettable Fire helped U2 reach a new level of popularity, from Gold Records to Platinum, from a few Arena's and mainly theaters shows to all Arena shows, from popularity in a handfull of countries around the world to album releases and some level of popularity in every market on the planet. Despite critics at the time, it was indeed a better album than War. But it was not crucial to the survival of the band as WAR was.

I disagree with you here. If they hadn't made The Unforgettable Fire the way it was released, but instead a More War, the band would soon have hit the dead end of the road and dissolved. They would have had their lucky shot with War and that would be it. With The Unforgettable Fire U2 enabled themselves to grow musically, something which they still do today.

Anyway, I have to agree with Martha here (this is getting too :sick: :)), it has nothing to do with my reason not to like the album. The achievements of War are fine with me (better them than Kajagoogoo or some other 'hair' 'band'). Just as I don't mind others liking the album. Only I .., well you get the message. :)

C ya!

Marty

War is a great album. The first 4 songs are brilliant. There are a couple of songs that arn't favourites of mine but I love the album!

Back
Top Bottom