You know what would be cool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
If we had a way of playing U2 songs over the Internet for each other. Sort of a radio station where any Interferencer who wanted could get on and play a set of U2 songs. Or maybe they could add in other of their favorite artists too. It'd be like Music for Interferencers by Interferencers.

:yes: That would be cool! In the meantime, I have copied all my U2 CDs onto my computer and I play them in a shuffled manner so it's sort of like a radio station...one minute I hear "The Ocean" and the next it's "Elevation"!

that would be really cool and really wierd...you'df have to make sure that you have different songs from everyone though, so if it was suffling away it wouldn't come up with the same song 30 times in a row

pub crawler said:
Or maybe they could add in other of their favorite artists too. It'd be like Music for Interferencers by Interferencers.

I'd get yanked off for playin' too much Ryan. :D

Re: Re: You know what would be cool?

Bonochick said:

I'd get yanked off for playin' too much Ryan. :D

no you wouldn't. it all gets mixed up, so even if you were to have all your alloted song choices ryan adams songs, there would be enough vareity due to the fact that no one could pick a song someone else picked. song choices based on whoever says "i pick these songs" first, and then you send the list back to the person who tells you repeats and say "this this and this are already picked, choose 3 new ones" or somehting...

hypothetical situations are FUN

Re: Re: Re: You know what would be cool?

IWasBored said:

hypothetical situations are FUN

You can hypothetically kiss my kiester then IWasBored! hehe

u2popmofo, i don't think your comment really makes a great deal of sense...

wiat until i say "virtual things are fun" like, virtual singing is fun cos people can't hear you (which i guess is typing out song lyrics)...then you can say that...but i didn't say that virtual things are fun...so you're going to have to wait until someone else says it :wink:

It probably can't happen, considering the RIAA has cracked down on internet radio broadcasts. Considering the costs of running an internet radio server, not to mention the RIAA-imposed royalty fees and the zero potential for profits in free internet radio, I would, unfortunately, say that it has a fat chance in hell.

Interesting idea, though. Economics just haven't caught up yet.

Melon

melon said:
It probably can't happen, considering the RIAA has cracked down on internet radio broadcasts. Considering the costs of running an internet radio server, not to mention the RIAA-imposed royalty fees and the zero potential for profits in free internet radio, I would, unfortunately, say that it has a fat chance in hell.

Interesting idea, though. Economics just haven't caught up yet.

Melon

(see my MP3/Internet post) I still say we have a P2P Streaming Audio/IRC chat program.

Individuals sharing music should be immune, yes?

I too like the idea of an internet Interference Radio Station !

1. A Concert Show ? Top 5 Concerts From Each Tour Week ? etc.
2. An Albums Show
3. A B-Sides and Band Side Projects Show
4. A Solo Side Projects Show
5. A U2 Dance Remixes ? Official and Unofficial Ones ? Friday & Saturday Party With U2 Show ? etc.
6. Unique Shows ? a U2 Acoustic Show ? a U2 Studio And Live Covers Show ? a U2 Instrumentals show ? a Highlights Of The Salome Outtakes Show - etc.
7. Albums by Bands and Solo Acts that U2 have stated had an important influence on them ? i.e. Television?s Marquee Moon
8. Albums picked by individual members as their favourites > from past interviews ? their year end lists ? desert island lists ? etc.
9. Albums by the Unofficial Members Of U2 ? the solo work Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois ? a show for an Eno Week and Lanois Week

Back
Top Bottom