You know how it seems all U2 albums grow on you over time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
t8thgr8 said:

My other recent discovery has been passengers. Whether you want to or not, this is a true U2 album. This album is very thought out. It may be over those heads who dismiss this album as experimental crap. Its actually far from it.

Although I agree that Passengers is far from experimental crap, it certainly is not a true U2 album..

It may have been U2 led, but there is way too much input from people outside the band for it to be classed as U2.

Some tracks are obviously U2 influenced, but there are others that would never have seen the light of day had it been a solely U2 production.

I like all U2 albums but some are far better than others.

Bit of a generalisation here, but to me it looks like releases seem to have come in threes with the last of each three being the weakest.

Boy - October - War
Unforgettable Fire - Joshua Tree - Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby - Zooropa - Pop
ATYCLB - HTDAAB - A.N.OTHER.LONG.TITLED.ALBUM?

War sounds the most dated to me. Rattle and Hum is a bit of a christmas stocking filler. Pop in particular was very rushed and though it has some good songs it does not hang together that well. I still cannot really get into it.

Cheers

Kaber

Zooropa and Pop are the ones that have grown on me the most. Whereas ATYCLB and HTDAAB started well but went downhill. Still think my favourite is Achtung Baby (though that was a grower aswell)

Back
Top Bottom