You Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earl-Of-IMDb

War Child
who have ever been to a U2 show, how did you score tickets? what would be the easiest and safest way to get U2 concert tickets? and for front row at that.( getting ready for the north american tour)

thanks for the help!:wink:

Well first of all Earl, wrong forum. But that ok it;ll get moved.

I don't know how it works in America, butr generally people gfot tickets the same way every other U2 fan did buy lining up and buying them, or buying them offline or over the phone. A few might have traded or sold or something like that. Safest and easiest is go and line up.

Or you could just click on total tickets at the top of the page. I'm SURE they'd be able to get you tickets. :yes: Even though the shows are sold out :|

stoopid banner

COBL_04 said:
Or you could just click on total tickets at the top of the page. I'm SURE they'd be able to get you tickets. :yes: Even though the shows are sold out :|

stoopid banner
Even though they're not even on tour! :lol:

Apparently the Total Tickets people have the band locked up in a basement somewhere, where they're forced to perform every night, just so never-sold-out tickets can keep being sold.

COBL_04 said:

stoopid banner

There is a reason that banner is still there.

That is all :shh:

Rosebud said:
I've sort of been wondering the same thing. I've never seen U2 live :sad: , and when they do start touring again I would really love to get an actually GOOD spot. Any tips?

Honestly, you can fret about your location all you want. But when the show starts, it all turns into magic and it doesn't matter at that moment where exactly you are. You're so estastic just being there. At least that is how I remember my first U2 show.

Roland of Gilead said:

Honestly, you can fret about your location all you want. But when the show starts, it all turns into magic and it doesn't matter at that moment where exactly you are. You're so estastic just being there. At least that is how I remember my first U2 show.

agreed.

main thing is just make sure you are a fanclub member and that you're online right when tickets go on sale.

I did that for the first time and got floor tickets. I bought tickets to the second U2 show on ebay.

I don't want to talk about what I paid for the second show tickets.

I got one of my tickets via phone from Ticketmaster. Another I bought off eBay, a third off Craigslist (that I was really worried about, but it turned out to be legit), and another off a fellow U2 fan in England.

No, I bought an eticket for GA off Craigslist from a local woman. We exchanged the goods for the money in person, and all I could do was hope it was the real deal.

I paid face value but also hung onto the nosebleed seat I'd bought off Ticketmaster, just in case I'd gotten ripped off.

But it was real. It was a leap of faith. If I hadn't gotten to swap the ticket for money in person, I probably wouldn't have even considered it.

bombergirl1978 said:

agreed.

main thing is just make sure you are a fanclub member and that you're online right when tickets go on sale.

I did that for the first time and got floor tickets. I bought tickets to the second U2 show on ebay.

I don't want to talk about what I paid for the second show tickets.

Thanks! And really, I will be so incredibly grateful just to be there no matter where where I am. But hey, if it's possible to get a good spot, i might as well try. Still, I will be happy no matter where I am.

So, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what fanclub are you talking about exactly?

Thanks again! :)

Hey Euro and Earl, how are you guys? moved to this forum, isn't it? the imdb was getting a bit boring...really

So, how are you guys? :p

Rosebud said:

So, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what fanclub are you talking about exactly?

u2.com. With the last tour, if you were a member of the fanclub, you were guaranteed 2 tickets to one show. Unfortunately that didn't end up working out for everyone, but it's a good idea.

I got my tickets thru Ticketmaster and used the code u2.com gave me, and had no problems. It's definitely worth it to shell out the $$ only once a new tour is coming up. The membership isn't worthwhile any other time, in my opinion.

i got my tickets through my credit card company (they were seats but i didnt care) and they cost me a freaking fortune (but i didnt care) was greatest nights of life. next time i will buy same, sell on ebay use money to buy GA ticks on ebay . then camp out. i am formulating the plan ...... there will also be stalking around the country .

I got the ticket for my first concert through a radio station. They used to organize buses for big concerts, so I anticipated and called them even before they announced the deal on air.

For the tickets for my second show (last tour) I lined up at a ticket desk from early in the morning. I was n°10 in line. Althougt the desk opened at 8 am, they could not emit a single ticket until about 8:30 because of network problem. :banghead:
When I finally arrived at the desk, I got the last 4 GA ! The girl who was right after me (and had also lined up for a couple of hours) could'nt have anything left ... All tickets had been sold out in about 40 minutes and there was a line of maybe 150 person behind me :rant: ...
When I got away we them in my hands, they were shaking ... Next time I will be first in line.:dancing:

Back
Top Bottom