Yes or No only: Do U2 have less integrity now than in 1987 (JT era)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:
I want to be sure that people are understanding the question being asked here, as I'm a little surprised by some of the responses:

Question:

Yes: U2 has less integrity now than in 1987

No: U2 does not have less integrity now than in 1987

That should have been done on post #1, not page 10.

ramblin rose said:
I want to be sure that people are understanding the question being asked here, as I'm a little surprised by some of the responses:

Question:

Yes: U2 has less integrity now than in 1987

No: U2 does not have less integrity now than in 1987

U2 fans are an intelligent bunch and I'm sure can understand the question. The running tally now is 21-17, still in favor of the YES votes.

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
I hate say this and it hurts to say it, Yes. There is a different energy i feel. JT came out at a perfect time. I feel that for me, it seems that salesl wise, it has gone down. But they are so huge now, it is sick. There was something so special back in the 80's about them. It felt so true to me and completely honest. It was the record that broke them mega rock stars. They have always had a following and it was nice. It just seems that things are different and I know we all have to change. That is part of life. Yes, again I do feel a big change and less integrity but I do stll love them and always will. it also seemed so simple and the concerts were not huge extravagant events.

Last edited:
mysticchild said:
I hate say this and it hurts to say it, Yes. There is a different energy i feel. JT came out at a perfect time. I feel that for me, it seems that salesl wise, it has gone down. But they are so huge now, it is sick. There was something so special back in the 80's about them. It felt so true to me and completely honest. It was the record that broke them mega rock stars. They have always had a following and it was nice. It just seems that things are different and I know we all have to change. That is part of life. Yes, again I do feel a big change and less integrity but I do stll love them and always will. it also seemed so simple and the concerts were not huge extravagant events.

Well put. There surely is a certain shift, but it doesn't really make their music any less enjoyable now.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom