Yep, that's what I needed...AB!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Yep, that's what I needed...AB!!!

I've been feeling sort of in a rut today (well, I guess it couldn't be all THAT bad! I managed to write two chapters in my novel! But anyway...). Ever have one of those days where you feel like doing SOMETHING, but no matter what you do, nothing seems to hit the spot? It was sort of like that for me today, except for the whole 2 chapters thing...So anyway, I put on AB and listened to Ultraviolet, then EBTTRT, then UTEOTW, and that did it! All better! It's amazing what music can do...Especially when it's U2!

Old 06-29-2002, 10:41 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:16 PM
You're writing a novel?? awesome!
Whats it about?
You should guve us all a reading one day

Old 06-29-2002, 10:44 PM   #3
POP for GIRLS

Yes AB is perfect! It sounds even better if you let it sit a week or two and then listen again. Wow! BTW good luck with your novel. I write too but have never sent anything in except I had two lame stories publiished in the newspaper. I had such big dreams but was too afraid to go for it. I still write, but only my closet sees it. My favorite is about a rock band.
Old 06-29-2002, 10:46 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
You're writing a novel?? awesome!
Whats it about?
You should guve us all a reading one day
hehehe...Yeah. I have to become a best-selling novelist one of these days so I can just follow U2 around!

Since I'm really bad at summarizing this sort of thing, I'm just going to copy and paste my response to this question from my "Fictionalized U2?" thread in "Every Artist is a Cannibal..."

"Well, it's not about U2 directly, but they're in there. It's basically about this girl who's kind of fed up with everything. Nothing's really going the way she wants it, but then she meets this up-and-coming rock band and gets to know the members, particularly the drummer. It's mostly going to be about the two of them, but U2 (or my fictionalized version, Feedback...haha) is her favorite band and I'm going to add U2ish references where appropriate."

Old 06-29-2002, 10:50 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl
Yes AB is perfect! It sounds even better if you let it sit a week or two and then listen again. Wow! BTW good luck with your novel. I write too but have never sent anything in except I had two lame stories publiished in the newspaper. I had such big dreams but was too afraid to go for it. I still write, but only my closet sees it. My favorite is about a rock band.
Hey, don't sell yourself short! At least you had something published! I've had this dream since before I could even write, so I figure I'd better keep going with it. Don't want to down the little girl who conceived it!

I know what you mean though...I feel really embarrassed about letting people see my stuff sometimes. But I had a great creative writing class last semester at school that really helped with that.

I sent in a sort of short story version of my novel to a literary magazine. I'm not getting my hopes up...Should hear from them by the first of November. Whatever happens happens. If nothing else, I can start my rejection letter collection!
Old 06-30-2002, 12:10 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:46 PM
yeah! When ever Im down, I just put on U2 and it makes it all better.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:58 AM   #7
Refugee

Old 06-30-2002, 05:40 AM   #8
you are what you is

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl
Yes AB is perfect! It sounds even better if you let it sit a week or two and then listen again.
then I am in for a real treat
since I haven't listened to Achtung Baby the last 6 months
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-30-2002, 09:57 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
then I am in for a real treat
since I haven't listened to Achtung Baby the last 6 months
Absolutely! Just wait for a "rut day" or a day when you're feeling kind of down, then crank it up, BABY!