YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jesus--finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

incredible, I'd feel sorry for the Yankees if they hadn't won the 4 OF THE LAST 5 WORLD SERIES!!!!!

no one is happier right now than that Kim guy on Arizona
eek.gif

Best of all, it was HOW the Yankees lost. Finally, some OTHER team screwed them in the last inning. Best of all, it was Pretty Boy Jeter and Rivera that were the goats. Rivera couldn't pitch and Jeter CLOSED HIS EYES like a nine-year-old in T-ball on that pickoff play to second base. How sweet it is.

And Stuck is the closer! YES!

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Couldnt agree more Mike!!

I still think George Steinbrenner is the devil though.

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words...

Extreme Paddleball

Greatest World Series ever? I'd have to say that 1991 Twins vs. Braves wins. This Game 7 was certainly exciting but marred with all sorts of bad plays on defense and baserunning.

And PopFly, give Derek Jeter a break...he was in pretty obvious pain during the later innings, and that throw to second by Rivera was awful--he threw it right into the path of the baserunner.

I honestly thought the game was over when Bob Brenly left Schilling in the game for the 8th inning. But apparently Mariano Rivera blows a postseason save every 25th time.

I'm not too sure how happy I feel about the Diamondbacks winning--they're only slightly more of a "real team" than the 1997 Marlins were (i.e. mostly free agent pickups, not many players originally acquired through the expansion draft or minor leagues, I believe).

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 11-04-2001).]

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
no no, the 1986 World Series was the greatest ever
smile.gif

Is this because

1) you really think it was a well-played series,

2) you're a Mets fan,

or

3) you enjoy seeing Sox fans suffer?

the part about the Mets, and the way they won Game 6, it still goes down as the greatest rally ever, since the Yankees couldn't make the magic of games 4 & 5 hold up

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Loved that ending. Definitely one of the best comebacks in World Series history. I had my doubts when Rivera came in, but the DBacks came through!

Best World Series since 1991. I don't think that one will ever be topped.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by PopFly:
The two greatest World Series ever were when the Jays won in 1992 and 1993.
smile.gif

Cry me a river for Jeter. Rivera's throw was not so bad that Jeter couldn't have prevented it from getting into centre field.

Wah.

Even if Jeter had been able to snag the relay to second, the runner might still have been safe. Rivera should have taken the out at first.

And I don't understand why you despise Jeter and Rivera so much, other than the fact that they're great players. They seem like two of the mildest-mannered guys on the team. There are certainly other Yankees more deserving of your scorn (Roger Clemens and Chuck Knoblauch in particular).

Originally posted by speedracer:
Greatest World Series ever? I'd have to say that 1991 Twins vs. Braves wins. This Game 7 was certainly exciting but marred with all sorts of bad plays on defense and baserunning.

And PopFly, give Derek Jeter a break...he was in pretty obvious pain during the later innings, and that throw to second by Rivera was awful--he threw it right into the path of the baserunner.

The two greatest World Series ever were when the Jays won in 1992 and 1993.
smile.gif

Cry me a river for Jeter. Rivera's throw was not so bad that Jeter couldn't have prevented it from getting into centre field.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom