y'all see Bono on the news?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
This mornin I woke up with the news on to see Bono looking sexy, beautiful and VERY PHWOAR with a team of other pple at a conference in NYC, talkin about somethin like 'we have the urgency, for emergency' (to do with droppin World Debt)

Anyone see this????????

oh and if this info is under someone elses ass, Im sorry!!!!
biggrin.gif

Yah, he was on CNN2 over here, at the world economic conference or something, along with Bishop Tutu, and Colin Powell, and the Queen of Jordan etc. I really liked what he had to say, actually.

And how many rock start would go to an economic conference?

only one that I can think of
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ody (edited 02-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ody (edited 02-01-2002).]

This conference is directly across the street FROM MY JOB!!!! There are a gazillion police officers everywhere.

I have been out searching and searching every lunch hour since Wedensday for my love!!!
frown.gif

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

I saw Bono on the news, along with the others lads, at that media conference for the superbowl... but we all have heard of this already... but it was cool to see, Edge made a funny remark: "We have finally sold out a show" <laughter follows>

At first my heart skipped a beat when I heard that though, I thought he was gonna say "We have finally sold out..."

**cass hands loopy a sign**
hmmm which one?
"I LOVE U BONO"...
"U/ME/SANDALS"..." MAKE LOVE NOT WAR"
My personal fave "H2O- the stuff of life"...
sign o' the times? "GREED WILL COST THE EARTH".

Just found these vidcaps of him:

wef03.jpg

wef01.jpg

wef02.jpg

I've been searching the web high and low. Mr. Alverado of U2Guatemala just put these up. They're all I could find. If anyone has more please post.

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by cass:
**cass hands loopy a sign**
hmmm which one?

"U/ME/SANDALS"..." .

I think I'll take that sign!!
biggrin.gif
My poor future husband. i would ditch him in a second if Bono agreed to that proposition.

This is most frustrating. I just went out again to look for him and it's really raining hard. So I have this jacket with my hood tied real tight on my head and I'm lurking around leering at everyone's face to maybe catch a glimpse. The cops are going to cart me away soon because I don't realize how Suspicious I look doing that!!!

To make matters worse, my fiance keeps calling me at work imitating Bono saying things like "Hello,it's Bono and I can see you from across the street through the office window."
mad.gif

------------------

i saw that on the news. he is dressed very unrock star like. he looks like my father going to the office on fridays.

------------------
november 12th 1955

That's so funny u2loopy!!!
biggrin.gif
That's something my hubby would do to me too!..He knows how obsessed I am with Bono and if I were working across the street from that forum I would be major lurking!

how bout this sign: "U/ME/BUBBLE BATH"

now thats something to leave your hubby for especially and only if it involves Bono!
wink.gif

Good luck in your lurking..If you encounter him let us know girl!!! details we want details!

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

bono_bath.jpg

does that guy ever take his shades off?

------------------
Reconsider your notions of what you think will rescue you from a future sterilized of progress.

Originally posted by u2loopy:

So I have this jacket with my hood tied real tight on my head and I'm lurking around leering at everyone's face to maybe catch a glimpse. The cops are going to cart me away soon because I don't realize how Suspicious I look doing that!!!

Oh no, it's loopybomber!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the laughs!
smile.gif

I did see clips from the SB press conference on TV and the net.
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
capt.1012609480economic_forum_nyj114.jpg

ok so i've shared been on the same stage and briefly talked with chretien, chretien's gone for a walk with bono--why can't i get hooked up and go for a walk or share stage with bono???

------------------
Technology of mythic strength given surrealistic applications.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
*slaps the Depecher around with a big large Phil Collins cardboard cut out!!!!*

Bono..oh my

hubba hubba!!!!

Oi! John Howard's at that conference! Johnny getting a lecture from Bono. I love it.

Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever:
That's so funny u2loopy!!!
biggrin.gif
That's something my hubby would do to me too!..He knows how obsessed I am with Bono and if I were working across the street from that forum I would be major lurking!

how bout this sign: "U/ME/BUBBLE BATH"

now thats something to leave your hubby for especially and only if it involves Bono!
wink.gif

bono_bath.jpg

"Come to me loopy, I am waiting for you."

------------------

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 02-01-2002).]

Is that dude by Bono (or cardboard Phil, whatever...hehe) gonna throw it up? He looks like something coming up! ...in his mouth!

BLAAAAAAA

------------------
"Mean old men
Took away my car
Those credit guys
Have got the power"

Originally posted by TylerDurden:

Oi! John Howard's at that conference! Johnny getting a lecture from Bono. I love it.

pffffffft

bono's at a conference and all the news guys can talk about is how johnny got to sit next to rumsfeldt

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I saw Bono on the news, along with the others lads, at that media conference for the superbowl... but we all have heard of this already... but it was cool to see, Edge made a funny remark: "We have finally sold out a show" <laughter follows>

At first my heart skipped a beat when I heard that though, I thought he was gonna say "We have finally sold out..."

It's already been a year since they sold out. I think it started with the $130 seats. Or maybe it was the Backstreet Boys ripoff song...Stuck in a moment? Or perhaps the cheap Elevation tune, without any musical depth whatsoever? Wait - I know, it was the $35 dollar T-shirts!

Honestly though, I have nothing against the songs, afterall they are all art, but the tickets and the merchandise prices are kinda lame, ya'll gotta admit.

U2 sold out a while ago.

------------------
Dream out loud.

[This message has been edited by EdgeZTV (edited 02-02-2002).]

Originally posted by Personal Jesus:
Is that dude by Bono (or cardboard Phil, whatever...hehe) gonna throw it up? He looks like something coming up! ...in his mouth!

BLAAAAAAA

lmfao!
that dude is prime minister jean chretien of canada.
pheew. no one ever recognizes chretien.

------------------
The man from Whirlpool came to fix the washer today, and he found Black Widow spiders nesting underneath its broken engine, and he showed me the web, and I found myself thinking of catching you, biting you, spinning you within my limbs and setting you free.
Don't tell me this isn't true.
Tell me you feel this fire

Back
Top Bottom