Yahweh vs. Yahweh(Alt. Version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thrillme said:

Figures.

*still holding out for hard copies of box set*

Just the unreleased and rare stuff, anything that's on other albums or readily available singles they can leave out, but how about a CD box set for those who don't want an IPod or have no real interest in having one, U2 or otherwise.

You think you have no interest in one. Have any friends who own an IPod? If so, borrow it for a weekend. When the weekend is up, give it back to your friend. After that, tell me how long it is before you want it back. :wink:

I definitely like the rougher guitar that's missing from the album version, but frankly Larry's drumming is just a little too bouncy for me. And as has been said already, the buildup near the end doesn't even come close to scaling the majestic heights of the album version. I'm not religious but this really moves me.

One additional point, if you like Mercy at the end of the album (where I think it should have been) it REALLY fits well with the alt. version of Yahweh coming before it.

laz

namkcuR said:

You think you have no interest in one. Have any friends who own an IPod? If so, borrow it for a weekend. When the weekend is up, give it back to your friend. After that, tell me how long it is before you want it back. :wink:

:lol:

I don't have one, might try this though. :wink:

I still bought the box set, you don't need an ipod to get it.

neutral said:

:lol:

I don't have one, might try this though. :wink:

I still bought the box set, you don't need an ipod to get it.

True, but on dial-up, it takes a loooong time.

---------------

namkcur, (I'm also hmtmkmkm at Poplemon), if someone gave me a U2 Ipod, I'd of course take it, but I'm telling ya, I've no interest in buying one. Even Adam said at present, he had no interest in them, so it's not like I'm alone.

Honestly, is an mp3 recording better than what I could find on a CD? The sound has to be better, than what I could get from a CD.

thrillme said:

True, but on dial-up, it takes a loooong time.

Oh yeah I can't imagine, the total file size of Complete U2 is about 2 gigs. :yikes:

thrillme said:

Honestly, is an mp3 recording better than what I could find on a CD? The sound has to be better, than what I could get from a CD.

Nope, not better than a CD. :)

the alternate version is the better one. they should try to play this version live instead of the uninspired acoustic version as they did in s.d.

the album version is the only version for me.

Back
Top Bottom