Yahweh vs. Grace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh or Grace?

• Yahweh

Votes: 85 66.4%
  • Grace

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I like both / Can't decide

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Don't care for either of those

Votes: 11 8.6%

• Total voters
gareth brown said:

Why did they not re-record this?! He hits it in the 'Alternate' version yet they left the second one alone! :ohmy:

I like the alternate version of Yahweh much better than the album cut. It's got a breathability factor that Grace has. I find the album version extremely grating at the start...I always turn it down, which says something.

^ I prefer the album version. The alternate one seems not finished yet. I almost can't hear Bono in the chorus and the bridge hasn't got that emotional landscape created in the album...

Aygo said:
^ I prefer the album version. The alternate one seems not finished yet. I almost can't hear Bono in the chorus and the bridge hasn't got that emotional landscape created in the album...

Yet the alternate version came after the album version.
It's essentially just a remix. The version on the album is the original, produced by Chris Thomas.

i prefer the alternate version of YAWEH...i always liked GRACE imo its a great closer...
imo the beginning of GRACE has the same chords like SYCMIOYO

U2DMfan said:

Yet the alternate version came after the album version.
It's essentially just a remix. The version on the album is the original, produced by Chris Thomas.

I was sure that it was the inverse, that the album version was the re-recorded version...
Weren't the alternate versions (plus Native Son, Xanax, etc etc) recorded in 2003 and put aside for new versions - the ones we know from the album?

Back
Top Bottom