Yahweh: Instrumental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I seem to be suffering incurable double posting disease...maybe I should leave the swirly blue world for a while :huh:

Now what was it I used to do around this time of night? Ah yes, sleep! That was it.

Last edited:
The Sage said:

Seeing as Bono blurted out Yahweh a few hundred times at the end of Walk On on the Elevation tour, I don't think he should have any qualms about singing it a couple more times...

That was 'hallelujah', wasn't it?

Was it Michael Griffiths who prophesised Yahweh to be U2's grandest ever song a few months back? I remember someone did, can't wait to hear it, im sure it would be good.

And i'd love an instrumental, u2 are legendary at instrumentals....Bass Trap is awesome, and Besides those few lyrics in ENdless Deep, its a cracking piece of music.....

the one thing i don't like about U2's instrumentals is that i have a very hard time hearing Bono.

beli said:
I think Martha meant youre not supposed to speak the word Yahweh, theres some religious rule against actually saying the word.

ok, i got it! sorry for misunderstanding!
but btw, that's actually the main reason why i'd become very pissed off if this name would appear as a title of a song, it's god's real name which shuldn't be claimed in vain.............

Everytime I hear a U2 instrumental I think, hmmmmm maybe Bono was to shit-faced to sing that time so the band just decided to play without him. :wink:

PowerSurge said:

p.s. the reason why people think miracle drug=yahweh is just because the 1st person to save that mp3 clip mislabeled it Yahweh when it should have been Miracle drug. Little mistake that has caused a ton of confusion.

Well, it's not that clear that the mistake was on their part and not ours... The name 'Miracle Drug' comes from the obvious fact that Bono sings it in the snippet, and from a fan who had heard it before, and he called it like that, maybe for the same reason. There has never been anyone from the band talking about this song, and no official mention of any song being called 'Miracle Drug'. So IMO there is still a chance of it being either 'Yahweh' or another title.

oceane said:

Well, it's not that clear that the mistake was on their part and not ours... The name 'Miracle Drug' comes from the obvious fact that Bono sings it in the snippet, and from a fan who had heard it before, and he called it like that, maybe for the same reason. There has never been anyone from the band talking about this song, and no official mention of any song being called 'Miracle Drug'. So IMO there is still a chance of it being either 'Yahweh' or another title.

I seriously doubt that because the 'miracle drug' title had already leaked to the internet around the same time as 'yahweh' so it was easy to confirm the clip was 'miracle drug'. I see your reasoning for saying what you did, but its not neccesarily the case.

oceane said:

Actually, it was Bono who called it Miracle Drug, when he took some people in a ride in his car. Bono asked if they wanted to hear some of the new tunes and the guy asked for the song they had been playing in the studio (with the windows opened) and Bono said oh "Miracle Drug". The guy was not able to hear it because supposedly Bono couldn't find it on the CD.

In other words the title came out on the internet at least a month before we got the leak from the Spanish guys in Eze.

Axver said:

That was 'hallelujah', wasn't it?

Yes, but also but he defintely calls out Yahweh a few times at the end of the song after the hallelujahs, at least in the couple of versions I have...

Go listen to the clip of me saying it. Yah-way is about as wrong as you can get.

Axver said:
Go listen to the clip of me saying it. Yah-way is about as wrong as you can get.

Ok. I'll go listen to your clip. However, I've been taught that the Hebrews pronounced it the way I posted.

BTW, why are we having such an argument about this?

FullonEdge2 said:

Ok. I'll go listen to your clip. However, I've been taught that the Hebrews pronounced it the way I posted.

BTW, why are we having such an argument about this?

Why are we having an argument about it? Because we're desperate U2 fans who have been sent mad by the wait.

I've always been told 'Yah-way' is about as wrong as you can get. I'll upload the clip to a Geocities website or something ...

Axver said:

Why are we having an argument about it? Because we're desperate U2 fans who have been sent mad by the wait.

I've always been told 'Yah-way' is about as wrong as you can get. I'll upload the clip to a Geocities website or something ...

:lol:

ramblin rose said:

Actually, it was Bono who called it Miracle Drug, when he took some people in a ride in his car. Bono asked if they wanted to hear some of the new tunes and the guy asked for the song they had been playing in the studio (with the windows opened) and Bono said oh "Miracle Drug". The guy was not able to hear it because supposedly Bono couldn't find it on the CD.

In other words the title came out on the internet at least a month before we got the leak from the Spanish guys in Eze.

Well, the way I remember this story was that the guy who was in Bono's car had heard it outside the studio, really liked it, and then asked Bono to play it, who couldn't find and all. Bono didn't say 'no, it's not the title of the song', but he's not the one who called it like that either. But then again I could have misunderstood this part of the story, or the guy telling it might have been unclear.

In any case, I didn't want to start an argument or anything, but just to point out that we have to be careful about things that are repeated so often on the internet that they become 'true', while the source if often forgotten. Very likely that there WILL be a song called 'Miracle Drug' on the album, but if there isn't, that does not mean the song we are talking about as been scrapped.

oceane said:

Well, the way I remember this story was that the guy who was in Bono's car had heard it outside the studio, really liked it, and then asked Bono to play it, who couldn't find and all. Bono didn't say 'no, it's not the title of the song', but he's not the one who called it like that either. But then again I could have misunderstood this part of the story, or the guy telling it might have been unclear.

Well, here is the part of the story from the guy:

"He asked us what we wanted to listen to and I said what about the song 'Miracle (something)' and Bono goes 'Yeah Miracle Drug - lets see if I can find it - he scanned through the cd but couldn't find it so he said "lets play this instead - Its called 'Love and Peace or Else' - this is on the album"

I guess is opened to interpretation. And don't worry I usually try not to argue on these boards.:wave:

I'm pretty sure that song clip we heard is MIRACLE DRUG. If it made it on to the album is in question, and since the little french boy I paid to steal the album never came back I have yet to hear the album, but thats another story.

martha said:

I finally got to hear this. It's my new favorite thing to listen to! :heart:

Put it on continual loop, let it enter your head, and soon enough you'll want to join a cult and give me all your money!

Wow, I didn't think I'd take over the world by saying "Yahweh."

(Oh, and thanks; always happy to spread the accent love, along with a dose of my bad wit.)

Back
Top Bottom