Yahweh: Instrumental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:crazy: sorry, with this left over Ivan crap, my computer keeps getting knocked off line. I should have just cut and pasted anyway. Here...

I was just wondering if anything *specifically* was mentioned about the lyrics of Yahweh. I read someone's speculation somewhere (@u2's forum I think) about it being an instrumental (I know, igniting the whole Dalkey debate again, sorry, I'm flip flopping) as the term is one that is not supposed to be spoken. Teta040 gave a good history of the term here:
http://forum.interference.com/t95431.html
Anyway, it's just something to think and talk about.

MrBrau1 said:
Bad doesn't have the title in it. Both Kite and Gone only mention the title once. 3 of U2's best songs.

serious bit: isnt there a bit in miracle drug that sounds like Yahweh. ie maybe its the same song - chorus is all about miracle drug but the song is called yahweh. as per Mr Braus examples.

The Dalkey guy was going on about how the album was going to have an instrumental. He claimed the album would have 11 and 1/2 songs...

beli said:

serious bit: isnt there a bit in miracle drug that sounds like Yahweh. ie maybe its the same song - chorus is all about miracle drug but the song is called yahweh. as per Mr Braus examples.

Ya know what's dorky? I didn't have to think about Kite, Gone or Bad for more than a second before realising the lyrics. They be burned on me feeble brain.

U2dork said:
The Dalkey guy was going on about how the album was going to have an instrumental. He claimed the album would have 11 and 1/2 songs...

Here's the flaw with that. Why is an instrumental considered 1/2 a song? It's either a song, or it itnt.
Sounds like someone trying to be very clever.

beli said:
too many words Dork, please summarise

Yahweh instrumental? -me last week

Ya know, working the computer after a day like today is just too hard...

Beli - Ok, your avatar is a praying mantis, I assume (maybe I shouldn't assume, cause you make an :censored: out of you and me.) But the mantis looks like a cartoon or animated. What's it all about?

Actually, I heard from my brother's ex-girlfriend, dog trainers cousin's wife's 2nd uncle once removed who happens to know Bono's stylist that Yahweh is actually just the four of them sitting around in the studio and drinking Guinness and getting drunk. I don't know if this source is too reliable though.

U2Fan101 said:
Beli - Ok, your avatar is a praying mantis, I assume (maybe I shouldn't assume, cause you make an :censored: out of you and me.) But the mantis looks like a cartoon or animated. What's it all about?

its not a praying mantis, its a prawn/shrimp :sad:

its a long nonsensical story involving Screamin Flower, myself, and a jar of shrimp paste :drool:

oh and its not animated, its a photo

Last edited:
U2Fan101 said:
Actually, I heard from my brother's ex-girlfriend, dog trainers cousin's wife's 2nd uncle once removed who happens to know Bono's stylist that Yahweh is actually just the four of them sitting around in the studio and drinking Guinness and getting drunk. I don't know if this source is too reliable though.

Not too. My source says they burp a lot.

A-ha!

Ooooh, A-ha.....Taaaaaaaaaaaaaake Onnnnnnnnnnnnnn Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

woah...that's a tangent.

Back
Top Bottom