Yahweh - alternative Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

See, I feel the opposite... actually, I think they're both magical, but the alternate...wow. Just, wow. The bass is much deeper, and there are less random effects like piano and synth...it's all guitars (mostly anyway, there's some effects hidden in there somewhere I'm sure, like at the bridge) and I love it so. I LOVE the bridge so much...take these blue eyes....take these blue eyes...take these eyes and make them see... :drool:

And you know what else I love? This is gonna sound dumb, but there's this overdubbed note that's hit twice toward the end, first at the 3:45 mark, then 4:00... and I love it oh-so-much. I also adore the drums at the end.

I sure hope this is the version played live, because...wow. It's gonna be the best closer ever... amazing. What a fucking brilliant song. U2 nailed it with this one.
YES YES YES "u2 nailed it with this one"absolutely spot on.
When i've got this on full blast its like'Come on bring it on,u2 are the daddies,always have been and always will be!
Fantastic track,regardless of what the usual complainers on this site might say:madspit:
I LOVE this song,its sooooo uplifting,and i ain't even remotely religious:ohmy:
U2 KICK ASS AGAIN:madspit: :madspit:

Originally posted by AtomicBonoAnd you know what else I love? This is gonna sound dumb, but there's this overdubbed note that's hit twice toward the end, first at the 3:45 mark, then 4:00... and I love it oh-so-much. I also adore the drums at the end.
yes these 2 overdubs are the cherries on the cake. at the very end of the altern. version i hear some tibetanian prayer bells (is this the correct term?). as i mentioned on my very first statement of this topic, the altern. version has a strong AchtungBaby feeling. and as i said then both versions of Yahweh are absolutely outstanding. one of their best songs ever:applaud:

Last edited:
jacobus said:
yes these 2 overdubs are the cherries on the cake. at the very end of the altern. version i hear some tibetanian prayer bells (is this the correct term?). as i mentioned on my very first statement of this topic, the altern. version has a strong AchtungBaby feeling. and as i said then both versions of Yahweh are absolutely outstanding. one of their best songs ever:applaud:

Yeah, and these notes sound like middle eastern horns or something and really add to the atmosphere of the song. Like I said, I like both versions, but the alternate has the edge.

Canadiens1160 said:
Yahweh captures a feeling of pure joy - that is no Achtung Baby feeling :eyebrow:
yes it is joyful but don't get me wrong, it also has a bit of melancholy, the sound reminds me a bit on WGRYWH & EBTTRT. the joy and the melancholy in it would make YAHWEH the perfect LAST SONG.
PS: i never felt that Achtung Baby is too dark. AB has all of what a lifetime can offer (from the brightest brightness to the darkest darkness):p

It's my favourite song since Achtung Baby album, and I even prefer the alternate version.... what to say, just so much emotion, beautiful lyrics, great bass, rythm and great voice.

The perfect U2 kind of song

I wish they had merged this and the album version together. I like the album's intro and Bono's voice more but this alternate version has great full guitars on the verses and chorus that make it much better and even seem to fit the song more. The slide and the little wah-wah drops at the end are also a great touch that should have been on the record in my opinion.

Last edited:
I like the album version better, but the alternate is very nice too! If the live version sounds like this, I'll be happy. :)

TheBrazilianFly said:
I wish they had merged this and the album version together. I like the album's intro and Bono's voice more but this alternate version has great full guitars on the verses and chorus that make it much better and even seem to fit the song more. The slide and the little wah-wah drops at the end are also a great touch that should have been on the record in my opinion.

My thoughts, EXACTLY.

Back
Top Bottom