Yahweh again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2STEVE70

Babyface
Do most people like Yahweh for its religous theme or because it just a good song?

I am not a religous person but I still like the song.
(Although, for me it is not the best song on the album)

I love the musical and lyrical aspects of it. Musically it's just so damn satisfying, the song structure, everything about it signals the close of an album but doesn't leave you feeling empty or wanting more. If any song has ever left me with a "full and satisfied" feeling after it finishes, it is Yahweh.

I like it for the religious aspects as well as the fact that it's a good song. :)

the soul of the song is so great and its an universal(religious) song (or should i say a 'song for the universe'? ;-)). listen to the end of the altern. version. do you hear the tibetanian prayer bells??? that's a great idea

Yeah, I'm about as agnostic as you can get, and I love this song.

It's a very uplifting tune, the guitars are great. I can be moved something delivered with passion, even if it's something I'm not personally connected to. I find more spirituality in U2's music than any book or dogmatic ideas.

laz

Yahweh is a grower, that kind of song that catch you more and more and every listen is a release....the lyrics are so inspiring, but the melody is even better....makes you wanna fly...

I love Yahweh, this must be the closing song of the Vertigo Tour.

Great song best ending track theyve done in awhile, for music melody and meaning.

yes both, love the espiritual feel on it, and the music is just extraordinary......a brilliant piece of music

I LOVE IT!!!

boystupidboy said:

Going off topic here Neenie but a friend of mine is moving to Melbourne later this year.Is it nice over there?
It's nice but the weather is very unpredictable :)
They call Melbourne one the most livable city's. So it's not too bad:wink:

boystupidboy said:

Cool,but there's only 1 problem i could think of.U2 don't play Aus anymore:wink:
mmm...thats one problem and a big one too. Hopefully that will be fixed by next year.:yes:

Last edited:
U2 are 100% in Oz by year end, god-willing! i.e. its all been planned into the tour.

Neenie said:

It's nice but the weather is very unpredictable :)
They call Melbourne one the most livable city's. So it's not too bad:wink:

We've got great nightlife, great sport, great shopping, but indeed the weather is frustratingly unpredictable.

We are the best city in the world!

Regarding Yahweh.

I don't believe in a Yahweh
I wish religion could just die away

But the song is one of U2's most enchanting masterpieces. Love it

Terrible, terrible lyrics make me embarrassed to listen to it: Click-clacking shoes? Oh Lord!

Guitar's are great, though.

Back
Top Bottom