Ya ever heard of the Saw Doctors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
"With their latest effort, Villains', a hook-laden mix of rock, pop and traditional Irish roots, the Saw Doctors assume their place next to U2, the Pogues and Thin Lizzy as one of the Emerald Isle's great rock bands".

>From a review of Villains' by Craig Harris in the Boston Globe (March 15)

my friend saw them the other night, said they were really good. But....... that's a pretty ballsy comment to rank them with U2, imo!

------------------
Words tangled in her hair.. words soon to disappear

* U2 Take Me Higher *
The Macphisto Society

hmmmmmm, they sound familiar..........erm, prob not them, but did they bring a song out early 90s something about 'Marry him,,,, or marry me, Im the one.......blah blah, gurantee, I aint got no future or family tree..but'

hello?

biggrin.gif

oh no maybe that was Two Princes...
rolleyes.gif

dont mary her have me maddie? Beautiful South sung a song called that
smile.gif

I know the Saw Doctors-- They are no U2 however they aint THAT good....why werent Bob Geldoff and the Boomtown Rats rated as one of the Emerald Isle's great rock bands?

Oh oh The Pogues i loveth Shane Mc Gowan he cracks me up.....and The Cranberries anyway......

Originally posted by mad1:
hmmmmmm, they sound familiar..........erm, prob not them, but did they bring a song out early 90s something about 'Marry him,,,, or marry me, Im the one.......blah blah, gurantee, I aint got no future or family tree..but'

hello?

biggrin.gif

oh no maybe that was Two Princes...
rolleyes.gif

Spin Doctors! Yeah I love em!

(Whatcha gonna do, when the ghost of mikal runs wild on you?)

*maddie places her hand on Mikals head*

u feelin alright luv?

so I musta got the group right then.....as far as Im concerned, the singer looks like the leader of Stereo MCs and wears a ear-cover-hat tingy.......like a rabbit hat, or some bobble-head.......or somethin.

ya know.......
biggrin.gif

Saw doctors, bog rock
biggrin.gif

They wrote a song about the N17, a great road in Ireland
tongue.gif
And also "I used to love her, I used to love her a once, a long long time ago" I think it was called "All my lovin is gone".

Ah they're harmless, wouldn't put them up with Thin Lizzy, U2, Rory Gallagher, The Pogues, and The Cranberries though

The Saw Doctors are allright. I love the Greeen and Red of Mayo!!! But i guess i'm prejudce. How could Christy Moore not be up there. He is one of Irelands best trad/rock artisits. IMO no one comes close to him.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

That song "Never Mind The Strangers" or something along those lines that was the Saw Doctors wasn't it?

No I wouldn't really put them up there with Thin Lizzy but they are good from what I've heard of their songs

[This message has been edited by UV2001 (edited 03-22-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom