Xtra ticket for Bono's Liberty Medal ceremony in Philly tomorrow (Thurs 9/26).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
I have an extra ticket for tomorrow's presentation of the Liberty Medal to Bono (at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia). I have two tickets, but because of sudden/unexpected family issues, one of the tickets is now available.

So, if you are interested, I'll give it (free naturally) to the first person who responds to this message and can really attend the event. It's a "standing room" ticket to the outdoor event. You enter the ceremony at 6th & Arch Streets in Philadelphia. Ticket holders may enter the secured area at 4:30pm. The event begins at 7pm sharp.

However...the letter that came with the tickets also reads, "This is an outdoor event. If the event is moved indoors because of severe weather, general admission ticket holders will not be allowed into the facility. The decision about weather will be posted on our website by 12 noon on the day of the cermony."

Their website is www.constitutioncenter.org/libertymedal. It says they can also be contacted by telephone at (215) 409-6700 from 10am - 5pm.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good feeling about the weather. The weather forecast isn't so good. The call is for rain most of the day. So, I suppose there is a good chance that this ticket may not pay off. Nonetheless, it says that the event might be moved indoors in case of "severe" weather. That might mean high winds, lightning, etc. Or, maybe it just means a little rain. We'll know at noon tomorrow.

If the event does go forward (outdoors), then I'll be going. I suppose I can just give the ticket to whoever wants it late tomorrow afternoon somewhere around 6th & Arch. Whoever responds, I'll give you my email address and make arrangements about how to give you the ticket. I'll just give you the ticket and you can be on your way. Or, maybe there's a "will call" booth at the Constitution Center where I can leave it for you. I don't know.

Hey, I'm hopefully going to this too. Let's cross our fingers for the weather. Do you know if it's informal or formal?

livviebway said:
Hey, I'm hopefully going to this too. Let's cross our fingers for the weather. Do you know if it's informal or formal?

If you're one of the standing room ticket holding riff raff (like me), then I'm sure it's informal. I won't be wearing my tophat and tails in the rain. Those who hold reserved tickets (and are attending the "gala event" that follows) I'm sure will be breaking out the crown jewels.

I've got a seated area ticket. but I think it's still in the area for us plebs. No gala for me. I think I'll cry if they cancel. :sad:

Rif raf over here and proud of it. I still hate my wardrobe, though. See ya all there!

I really hope the weather stays nice for the ceremony for all of you.

Fate has a strange way of working. I almost tried to get tickets, but I couldn't because of my new job. As it turns out, I've been extremely sick all week and wouldn't have been able to go anyway, and I can only imagine how disappointed I would've been.

I hope everybody has a good trip into the city and enjoys the ceremony!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are going, especially for good and dry weather!

I'll be watching the webcast, unless I fall asleep, it will be 1 a. m. here.

I wish I 'd be there as well, I would love to see Bono again.

Back
Top Bottom