"Xanax and Wine" appreciation thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homerpalooza

Acrobat
Please, no requests for the song here. I don't have it; I'm basing this off Gorman's MP3 feed yesterday. I just want to actually discuss some of these unreleased songs without the thread falling apart...

I love "Fast Cars" for letting us know that the more experimental side of U2 is still around, but I can't believe they decided to drop "Xanax and Wine" completely and record a different version. "Xanax and Wine" could have been a huge hit; it's just as catchy as "Vertigo" (maybe more so). And it would have fit onto the album perfectly fine (whereas "Fast Cars" sounds too different and had to be tacked onto the end).

Just...wow. I can't believe U2 didn't consider this good enough.

I can't wait until I get to hear a better-quality version.

you know what i just realized from listening to this song? i think the chorus was an early version of the chorus to COBL. it's not exactly the same, but i'm thinking maybe when writing COBL, they cut and pasted this chorus, polished it up, and added the lyrics.

I think maybe xanax and wine was a little too polished so U2 wanted to mess it up a bit. As with all the rare and unreleased stuff I just downloaded I think it is very cool to see these songs all evolve into other songs. Have any of you heard Flower Child? As of this minute is my favorite of the rare stuff.

Back
Top Bottom