Xanax and Wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's better than fast cars. Where Fast Cars has a short 'I know these fast cars....will do me no harm' chorus that is kind of leaves you wanting more from it, XAW has a real chorus and not only that, but its chorus has two parts musically. Edge also has some gorgeous backing vocals that are absent in Fast Cars. A slight Middle-Eastern ambiance doesn't make a song risky.

Xanax And Wine all the way. Far from being the same song.

I was talking to my fellow U2 friend one day, and we were talking about FC and XaW. We both agreed Xanax was a better song, but it sounded like it had the same chords of ABoY

While Xanax And Wine is good, I find the guitar gets annoying quickly. I prefer the more exotic flavour of Fast Cars.

Xanax is superior to Fast Cars in all the ways that matter, which makes it a perfect candidate to not make the album in the currect incarnation of U2, it simply wasn't "catchy enough".

Shit this song, is mega-catchy, so I dont profess to know the deciding factor.

Blame Larry. I do.

xanax and while is much much better than fast cars, although that being said, fast cars is one of the standout songs on HTDAAB. I don't think we will be hearing it live though :(

Xanax & Wine is the most played song on my 2500+ iTunes playlist (so not counting plays on CD) and it deserves to be.

I prefer Xanax and Wine over Fast Cars.
But I still think fast cars is a great song.

If some other band release Xanax, it could be a number one hit, like so many other U2 b-sides could be.

(I think somone posted that a while back)

I love Xanax and Wine, but I still think Fast Cars is better. When I first heard Xanax, I thought it was superior...but now the novelty's worn off.

I like both alot, but I think Fast Cars has the edge for me. I still don't get why they only shoved it on as a bonus track.

:rockon:

I prefer the sound of Xanax and Wine, but there is a fundamental flaw that U2 must have seen in it because they changed it around:

The chorus is waaay too long. The song really "dies" after the 2nd chorus--they should have ended it there but instead they stuck in a bridge and an extra chorus. When I first heard this song, I played it nonstop, but soon I began getting really bored with the song. Any song that has 14 seconds of verse followed by 50 seconds of chorus, then another 14 seconds of verse followed by 50 seconds of chorus can become overly redundant, which is what happened to me.

Like I said, I love the sound of Xanax and Wine much more than the Mid-Eastern feel of "Fast Cars," and I have to say that I don't like the line "I know these fast cars...will do me no good," but Xanax needed some serious editing to ever make the album.

U2DMfan said:

Blame Larry. I do.

that's it U2DMfan!

I guess I just like Xanax better 'cos it gets me singing and moving...:dancing:

Ironically - Fast Cars never seems to get going to me - it's more moody than fast.

They're both great but in different ways - just like us!

cheers... :)

Back
Top Bottom