wtf??? now they changed lyrics in "Mysterious Ways"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The solar plexus club mix of Mysterious Ways sucks balls!! just like the jeep mix of Lemon!! Butchered! Thank god I have copies of Achtung and Zooropa!

haha Blue Room, the only person here who was ever delusional about U2 actually reading this message board was elvis! although, delusional is not the right word, there's another word actually, since he always knew better

a wanderer/deathbear 2 for 1 is like an edward norton/ brad pitt starring role

3358487923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D3232389388%3A24nu0mrj

i just heard the "revised" mysterious ways... i just don't get it. why'd they need to change one of the best lines in the entire song? was it that they felt it wasn't appropriate to have the line "the man inside the child" in a song that's baisicly about God with all the stuff with the priests and everything here in america? ok ok ok... i'm sorry... i crossed the line of good taste... i'll smack myself. :wave:

Whoa kids. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Dave C, I think you unfairly blew up at the Wanderer.
I think many have unfairly blown up at you too.

I,for one, don't agree with the lyric change, esp b/c I happen to believe that that is one of the best lines in the song.

Ooh, but who am I for expressing my opinion?

Seriously. Okay, we've already heard lots about how this sucks, and U2 did this and its bad.

Perhaps this thread has generated such a response b/c MW is such a popular song. Lemon, Numb...some other 'not so mainstream hits, I can see the re-mixing.

But for a song that's quite popular as is, I find hard justifying the lyric change. We don't expect it from U2 to do this to us.

maybe they're just 'fucking up the mainstream.'

Back
Top Bottom