Writing to U2....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha, a few days ago I was just wondering what kind of luck people had had with fanmail and where they'd sent it to ...

I just mailed a few letters to several addresses today, but the only time I tried before was last summer. I sent a letter to Windmill Lane and got a promo photo/postcard about a month later. Not bad, I must say.

Auf Achse said:
I just mailed a few letters to several addresses today, but the only time I tried before was last summer. I sent a letter to Windmill Lane and got a promo photo/postcard about a month later. Not bad, I must say.

ooOOooo, I'll take one!

I wrote the band c/o Windmill Lane in 1997 and got a postcard back from Cecilia saying my letter had been passed on to the band. I've written c/o PM before and have gotten no response.

I am sure they get fan mail or fan e-mail's but they must get lots of them that it is hard to keep up with let alone respond to it but I am sure some mail gets passed down to them :)

Hmm, I've been thinking about writing to see if their people would send me something free. I would never expect a personal response, but a free U2 picture would look nice on my wall.

I knew someone who wrote to Bono,. As he didn't know his address he wrote on the envelope saying 'Please Mr Postman could you post this to Bono'.

Amazingly a few weeks later, he got a signed photo back from the man himself.

And that's a true story. I did the same and got no reply!

i wrote to larry at windmill lane in 1991, and sent a picture i had drawn and he signed it and about 6 months later he sent it back.
it is still my prized piece of u2 memorabilia.

Attachments

• larry autograph.jpg
    larry autograph.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Well, i was in berlin during the recording of achtung.then i met bono and the rest of the gang and they gave me a trabant,sprayed all over with their autographs.when i have entered the car,there were tickets for the 1st ZOOTV show in Florida.but i didn't want to go there.
why would i?

Numbology said:
Well, i was in berlin during the recording of achtung.then i met bono and the rest of the gang and they gave me a trabant,sprayed all over with their autographs.when i have entered the car,there were tickets for the 1st ZOOTV show in Florida.but i didn't want to go there.
why would i?

Wow, are you serious?

Numbology said:
why would i?

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom