WOWY-- What went wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ACROBAT, nice call, my favorite WOWY is also the 4/29/87 Chicago version (followed closely by 12/30/89 Dublin which also has Shine Like Stars and Love Will Tear Us Apart snippets, but less emotional than the raw Chicago version).

I liked the Lemon/WOWY medley as a change of pace, but the PopMart/Elevation WOWY is horrible, Bono can't sing the song anymore and it seriously needs to be dropped altogether. This is long overdue.

Originally posted by Lemonator:
I wish they would go back to the J-Tree days of WOWY. I really miss the "we'll shine like stars in the summer nights...".

I thought the "we'll shine like stars..." ending was fairly common for the Elevation Tour. I know I Bono sang that at the 4th Chicago show- I assumed that he sang it at more as well.

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
This is probably a divergence from the original post but what order do you think U2 would put in their setlist ie from most essential down

I would think
Streets,
One,
WOWY
NYD

Ie I think U2 think that Streets is the most important concert song to their fans (does that make sense?)

And if the band got together and played a concert, of the music they themselves liked the most (and not what they thought we wanted to hear), what would they choose?
I guess it would be mostly newer stuff...

New Year's Day hasn't been played during several of the Elevation shows, and it was played only rarely during PopMart, as well. I think that Mysterious Ways (and probably Beautiful Day soon) would be better fits than NYD.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

hey guys...

well, i dont know if the 2nd london gig was an exeption but bono sang we'll shine like stars verse, the whole place just went crazy, it was unreal!!
diverging from the point, i would like the guys to drop the acoustic bit in the middle. i think that idea has seen its days. dont get me wrong though, the version of stay on this tour is amazing.

------------------
poptart33

Originally posted by poptart33:
hey guys...

well, i dont know if the 2nd london gig was an exeption but bono sang we'll shine like stars verse, the whole place just went crazy, it was unreal!!

He also sang it the 4th night in London.

The WOWY from Mexico Popmart is AWESOME, emotional, you can see him pulling and holding something back, maybe tears. I love that version, its my favorite tied with Rattle and Hum which is NEAR perfection with things like the rainbow and the look in his eyes.

I thought that the Elevation WOWY has dropped a bit and they need to get it back. Don't leave it behind!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Back
Top Bottom