WOW. (ZooTV Appreciation Thread #57323)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
In order to get myself ready for the Vertigo Tour, I just watched the Sydney video again and I’ve got to say, ZooTV was just unbelievable. After literally dozens of repeated views/listens, ZooTV shows just don’t get old.

That tour was amazing. The whole thing just worked perfectly. You had the video walls, the trabants, Bono’s “Fly” character, the heavy AB songs on the front. Dark, loud, messages pounding at you. It was this that created The Fly as we know him, created the UTEOTW “duel” between Bono and Edge, created the video messages U2 has used (although much less) in all subsequent tours.

Then the fly sort of “melts” away and they move into the ingenious B-stage which U2 has basically kept in one form or another since to play a small acoustic set. Cool that for some of those songs we got the full band (Angel of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town).

Back after this to the “big” U2 anthems where Bono and the boys seem almost touchable again – no characters, just themselves – we even see 80’s Bono on the screen and he says “hey you! I remember you!” (or some form of that depending on which show). Brilliant as we see U2 for what they really are for a few songs.

Then it’s off to for a short break and they return to really screw with our minds as Bono comes back as either the Mirrorball Man or MacPhisto and we see this powerful performance where U2 have left the building and the group playing before us is more like MacPhisto’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Ultimately, MacPhisto loses steam and the performances drastically turns into something desperate and clinging during Love is Blindness and Can’t Help Falling In Love. As Bono wanders off the stage, the crowd is amazed – no grand farewell, just a character wandering off to the tunes of Elvis and tens of thousands of mind-blown fans.

It’s so powerful. It’s so awesome. I only wish they would approach this level of brilliance again during the remainder of their careers.

Geez, I’ve got to go watch the Sydney Video again.

yeah would be cool if they can play the first 6 or 7 songs from HTDAAB
ala Zoo TV

Vertigo
All Because of You
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love and Peace or Else - (This can be like the UTEOTW/NYD part)
City of Blinding Lights
Crumbs from your table
One
Beautiful Day

A Man and a Woman
Original (More or less an Acoustic set with another tunes)

Then leave One Step Closer (a la Wake up dead man) for the last part of the Show before maybe The Fly
and ending the night with Yahweh

"Yahweh tell me now why the dark before the dawn ooooooooooooooooooo" the crowd going along oooooooooooooo

What do we have?
11 songs played!!
Wow..... I don't remember U2 doing that before

Zoo TV was the first U2 concert I ever saw. It blew my mind. I had no idea what to expect going into it, and in hindsight I'm glad of it. Everything I saw that night completely floored me. From the stage setup to seeing the Fly in action to hearing all of AB played live (minus So Cruel and Acrobat), I was totally mesmerized. I have never seen another concert equal to this one.

Thanks for this thread, and the memories! :)

One of my greatest regrets is that I did not see this tour :sad:

yes guys greatest tour ever.....no doubt

Saw them in Mexico City at Palacio de Los Deportes. I lived there for some time and that night was the night of my life really....
Incredible! Beyond words, hard to describe the emotion of seeing U2 in front of me
I was like dreaming, couldn't believe it.....just remember Bono's movements were so cool, HE WAS THE FLY! i mean how well did he managed to be that character, as well as singing this amazing tunes
Wow!

He later opened a Tequila Bottle and waved a Mexican flag i think

I saw them again there in 97. This same show became the "Live from Mexico City" and people were talking about the president's son's security incident
Was a spectacular show also, but i was to far behind. The amazing thing is watching the Popmart show and saying "I was there!"

But Zoo T.V was bigger than Life
Zoo T.V rules and will rule forever

Viva Zoo T.V Carajo!

I remember readin that they're gonna do 10 out of the 12 new songs in the setlist, smells like Zoo TV:drool: :drool: :drool:

:up:Oh i totally agree...i loved the Zoo...and my regret is that i never saw it live either :sad: because i became a fan about 2 or 3 monthes after ZooTv ended :banghead:...lol But Sydney has to be my most favorite live Video ever i never get sick of watching it.
I wish i had more stuff from ZooTv actually ...it looked like such great fun!

It's hard to believe the band went from Lovetown to ZooTV.

Though no matter how much I want to hate that change, I really do enjoy and love ZooTV.

6 songs at the beginning, huh?

How about:

Love And Peace Or Else
All Beacause Of You
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
City Of Blinding Lights

...?

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Yeah Ax, this was a real shocker. "We have to go away and dream it all up again". What a dream! Zoo TV....:drool:

They went away to dream and had a bloody incredible nightmare.

To everybody who loves the Sidney video.. There are lots of other live videos from the zoo tour. Not official releases ofcourse, but still quite a few available out there. The Washington DC 1992 Proshot concert is especially :drool: worthy..

Check out www.u2bloodredskyhub.com .. If you sign up and have a little patience, then you will be able to download lots of zoo shows both vids and audio only. And ofcourse lots from the other tours.. Its worth it..

Back
Top Bottom