Wow @ Youtube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
With less than 2 days of premier , the U2 18 preview : WOWY Milan has been watched already more than 400.000 times .......

For such a criticized thing and all , it's doing pretty good , at least people are interested

everything on the front page of youtube gets a million plus views

and has it really been that criticized? :huh:

Chizip said:
everything on the front page of youtube gets a million plus views

and has it really been that criticized? :huh:

Hasn't it ?

Chizip said:
no the milan dvd has been roundly praised

Mate I was talking bout U2 18 , The milan dvd is only part of it , the title of the video is bout u2 18 , most people probably didn't even which show was that , but that was part of the compilation

J_NP said:

Mate I was talking bout U2 18 , The milan dvd is only part of it , the title of the video is bout u2 18 , most people probably didn't even which show was that , but that was part of the compilation

ok but people on youtube are only watching the video and commenting on that, not the cd

if ya read the reviews on itunes for the cd they are pretty bad (in the us at least)

Chizip said:

if ya read the reviews on itunes for the cd they are pretty bad (in the us at least)

That's what I was talkin bout , people were putting it on fire on itunesS , Amazons ........

And u still asked if the thing was criticized :eyebrow:

im sorry but your original post made it sound like people had been criticizing the milan dvd/wowy video

J_NP said:

That's what I was talkin bout , people were putting it on fire on itunesS , Amazons ........

iTunes music store people bother the hell out of me. should a song hit radio and not be for sale on itunes you get a bunch of enraged people making hundreds of imixes complaining and then trash the album with reviews about how its all a conspiracy and apple is ripping everyone off.

sadly the old days of the traditional cd + single release format are over :(

DontExpect said:

iTunes music store people bother the hell out of me. should a song hit radio and not be for sale on itunes you get a bunch of enraged people making hundreds of imixes complaining and then trash the album with reviews about how its all a conspiracy and apple is ripping everyone off.

sadly the old days of the traditional cd + single release format are over :(

it's a spoiled society we live in. it won't change the way i raise my kids. they'll learn to be thankful for what they have.

I think iTunes is one of the worst things that has happened to music. It's so pointless. If I, personally, like a song enough to pay for it, I'm gonna buy the whole album. If I don't, then I'll download it for free from a filesharing system or I'll syphon it off a website link (like I did for "Mercy," "Smile," and all the other miscellaneous U2 songs that I have). Anyway, that's my rant for the evening.

My friend has 950 songs on his iTunes, and, let's just say he didn't buy them from iTunes or have the CDs.

I'm going to miss CDs.

i don't own an ipod. my original reasoning was that i have bad eyesight, and i don't want to be blind and deaf!
i have itunes (albeit a not very current version) and haven't bought any songs off itunes. ive loaded cds and gotten songs off friends; i've never been one for downloading. too many bad experiences back in the kazaa days of downloading songs that are fine for 10 seconds, then they are just a load noise of crap. you know those? so i dont download... i would use itunes to buy random songs that i want, but i haven't got around to wanting individual songs that badly. i'm sure if i had $50 to spend, i would spend it like that. i can see it being quite fun.

ps - pointless rambling post

mikal said:
see i love my ipod now, and cd's are such an inconvenience at this point.

CD's are a great convenience

Attempting to carry 100's of CD's around with you at one time, great inconvenience. :wink:

mikal said:

it's a spoiled society we live in. it won't change the way i raise my kids. they'll learn to be thankful for what they have.

You have kids? :shocked: :ohmy: :sad:

:sexywink:

For at least a decade now, if not longer, the anonymity of the 'net has provided a safe haven for any person to spew forth nonsensical diatribes. Although I still fall victim to this from time to time, for the most part, I try to avoid "opinions" type of areas online (even here) because it's quite frustrating. For example, I recently read a comment on Yahoo movie reviews. The person gave the movie an "F" (failing grade). He starts off his review with, "I haven't seen this movie, but..." Even if he is right, the fact remains he failed the movie before seeing it. This type of bias is actually what got Sony in trouble in the 90's where they had "fake" reviewers writing how "great" their movies were!!

Bottom line - ignore reviews, period. Form your own opinions. Do research to see if the band or subject matter or author or artist or actor or whatever or whomever is appropriate for you and your audience (e.g., children or elderly) and then experience the item in question. If you hate it, cool. If not, cool. At least you experienced it. And that's living - unlike what many people attached to the 'net do... :huh: I luvers me the 'net something fierce, but I do also like getting outside the house from time to time. I guess I'm just "old". ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom