WOW! How cool is 'Jump Start My Heart'?! (NEW SONG!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterboo

Acrobat
The song is an outtake from the MDH album apparently, and it sounds BITCHIN'! Why wasn't this on the soundtrack when about 5 different versions of Satellite Of Love were?

Hear it at www.u2log.com

[This message has been edited by misterboo (edited 09-28-2001).]

Yeah, real shame this didn't get refined and released in this form...probably morphed into something else knowing our lot!

ok, i got the file. but it says it's a RAM file. how do i turn it into MP3?

It's cool, but I don't think it fits with the MDH mood.

You can't change a RAM into MP3 directly. It's the difference between streaming media and downloadable media. Someone, I'm sure, though knows how to get around that, but I don't.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

So does U2 play this one or is it Bono singing with the MDH band?

Will there be a single with this song on it?

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

Wow! I wish that would have been on the soundtrack!!! That's great!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Oh my.

Haven't listened to the song, but the title reminds one of Motley Crue.

"Kick start my heart!"

Rock on, dudes.

Originally posted by Basstrap:
So does U2 play this one or is it Bono singing with the MDH band?
Well I haven't even listened to it yet, but
yeah- I wanna know this too.
Anyone?

------------------
Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such cartoons as "Christmas Ape" and "Christmas Ape Goes to Summer Camp."

I think I've heard this before on the MDH documentary "One Dollar Diary" which is filled with outtakes from the Million Dollar Lobby Band.

Watch for it on The Independant Film Channel.

I'm pretty sure you can watch a clip of Bono and Lanois singing this in the studio at u2.com, taken, as DoctorGonzo says, from One Dollar Diary.

------------------
'Closer than ever to everybody's wife'

Once ya find an MP3 of it - call me.

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

Damn it's not in the soundtrack? Besides Ground that was my second motivation to go get it, cause it really rocks. If anyone saw the One Dollar Diary how funny was the Spanish Sex Pistols segment? Lol I think I might get the soundtrack just for that.

I really liked the One Dollar Diary, I haven't seen the movie yet but I have a feeling I will like the diary better.

fuckin' kick ass! can't wait to hear it! i love the mdh soundtrack.

i also really wish they would've put the one dollar diary on the dvd. grr.

I like this song a lot. I hope they work on it more and release it as a b-side or something. Obviously they need to work on it more but the version that is out on mp3 is pretty good. Catchy.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

I LOVE it. The sound is so Lanois! It has that warm and primitive feeling of his 'Wynona' cd.
Essential!

------------------
"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." JFK

Does anybody share my opinion that they left this song off the CD for a reason, the reason being that it's no good?

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Does anybody share my opinion that they left this song off the CD for a reason, the reason being that it's no good?

I THINK IT IS JUST O.K. IT DOES HAVE POSSIBILITIES. JUST NEEDS SOME POLISH. ALSO, IT AFFORDS BONO THE OPPORTUNITY TO SING IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT STYLE AND VOICE. I'M GOING FOR A DRIVE AND I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO IT ON CASSETTE A FEW MORE TIMES. MAYBE IT WILL GROW ON ME.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:

Naw... they could have left the song off the soundtrack b/c it didn't fit the film itself. The song is pretty upbeat. Besides it sounds more like a demo or something of that quality, so obviously they could work on it more.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Originally posted by misterboo:
www.U2France.com is offering an mp3 of it, if you haven't been able to get it on Real
Player

thanks, i'm downloading it now.

hmmm...interesting. quite catchy compared to the rest of MDH soundtrack. interesting voice too.
gotta chew on it some more...

------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-29-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom