Would you like to see bono in a movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MacPhisto should of been in Batman, that would have been the making of my favorite film ever:wink: I would love to see Bono in a film or any of the lads for that matter, how about a futuristic epic with the band at different points playing strange characters, of course this film will have alot of other big names in it so noone would question their decision

I really think that it would only work in a musical of some sort, where Bono would be playing some absurdly over-the-top character.

I don't think it would work any other way.

Resurrecting this thread, because I'm reading Good Omens now, and I had to ask. Does anyone else think Bono as the Fly would make a perfect Crowley? The sunglasses, the swagger, the cocky grin...it all fits! :yes:

No, I wouldn't. I'd just don't think it would be all that great. Considering how bad even excellent actors can look given a poor script, I'd be very wary of a novice actor (esp one with an already strong public persona) in an acting role.

I wouldn't mind hearing him do voice-overs though....

I think that Bono is too huge a music icon to make people forget that they're watching Bono. There could still be a suitable role for him - perhaps some out-there, cartoonish character like McPhisto, or a character that is close to Bono's public persona - but he should never attempt to play a "regular" person.

Saracene said:
I think that Bono is too huge a music icon to make people forget that they're watching Bono. There could still be a suitable role for him - perhaps some out-there, cartoonish character like McPhisto, or a character that is close to Bono's public persona - but he should never attempt to play a "regular" person.

That too.

Suprised no british based fans have mentioned that u2 appeared in an episode of a popular comedy/drama over here called auf weidersen pet. Not oscar winning performance tho!

^
I forgot about that I thought they were good it was on Comic Reief wasn't it, the suitcase with the money:wink:

no to the movies

while the soundtrack was great, I found Million Dollar Hotel unwatchable. U2 has't faired to much better in conceptual videos either.

I remember hearing once that Bono was turning down all these film roles, and when asked why, he said he couldn't act.

I don't think it would be a good idea either, and I don't think I could watch him if he did do a movie. It would be the old cliche of a rock star in a movie just because he's a rock star

Last edited:
Okay, just my opinion here... but it would've been absolutely awful having Macphisto in a Batman movie. First of all, the Batman fanatics would be outraged as Mac isn't actually from the comics. Second of all, it would've been bad. Bad, bad, bad. Bono would never have lived it down, being as the Batman movies themselves are nothing but crap (except perhaps for the first two, and the new one coming out). Thank god he didn't take that up, for his own sake!

As for Bono being in a movie, it'd have to be the right place, the right time, and the right part, I think... Heck, didn't movie critics bag on him for simply making a cameo appearance in "The Million Dollar Hotel"? It'd be 10x worse if he ended up actually playing a role in a movie that flopped. :|

Last edited:
I agree with you on MacPhisto in a Batman movie. It also probably would've ruined the MacPhisto character; he wouldn't be associated with U2 but with a bad movie. I guess some U2 fans would watch ZOOTV and might cringe when Bono came out as MacPhisto

He should be in my film.

It's called "Three Tequilas, Kelly and the 7 Dwarfs"

It's about this guy named Kendo who goes to this farm and meets this slutty old broad named Kelly she's like 82 and loves sex. She gets the hots for Kendo because his name starts with K and an E just like hers! So they do it a whole lot and the movie shows it and stuff, but for dramatic effect her midget lover Nevy gets pissed and comes and tries to kick Kendos ass but he cant, so he goes and gets his posse (this is for conflict) and they end up all getting beat up by Kendo and Kelly gets all sad because Nevy is hurt so Kendo makes it up to her by inviting everyone over for fun.

It also stars 3 empty tequila bottles and a goat.

My money is on Bono to play Kendo (see thats karma both names end in O!) and that old slut from Titanic who jumped overboard after the diamond thing and then got saved by Charlie Sheen as Kelly.

kennerado said:

I heard about this, but the film is really hard to find.
It was filmed during POPMart.

Yes Sir''eeeee!!!......The "Entropy" movie is very hard to find...

But keep watching the schedules on Lifetime Movie Network (LMN)
They occasionally "show" this movie on their line-up...
( that's how I was able to get a copy of it...
and yes, it's an " interesting movie, indeed...." ) :yes: :yes:

And I'd like him to act in "The Picture of Dorian Gray" (if I was the director). When I was reading it, I thought Bono would be perfect as Basil.
I believe in his talent!

Back
Top Bottom