would U2 improve the live experience with the addition of a touring keyboardist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Salome comes through with another Mod-Shit Drop post on our Dear Wanderer.

A little harsh don't you think?

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
but that would mean you'd have to take it out of your ass for a few moments!

Uh... Ok, That's a new one, but I'll give it a try.. (Insert smiley face with the winkly face here)

And to answer your post.. I did like it when U2 used the extra pianos et al.. like on walk on near the end.. agree with the person who said 'heard not seen'

l. unplugged

Originally posted by speedracer:
Why don't they just pull up fans for the piano, then?

Actually, a piano player was pulled from the audience in st. louis, along with a guitar player. If you get an opportunity, download "knocking on heaven's door" from this show from u2achtung.com. Bono tells him the chords, but forgets that the guitars are tuned down. The guy comes in on piano and clashes hard with the guitars. He was already obviously nervous before he butchered the song, and the crowd enjoyed it all the more when they messed up, I think. It was pretty funny at the time.

Keep the other instrument players out of view, unless they are well-known personalities sitting in with the band.

Originally posted by agentorange:
Actually, a piano player was pulled from the audience in st. louis, along with a guitar player. If you get an opportunity, download "knocking on heaven's door" from this show from u2achtung.com. Bono tells him the chords, but forgets that the guitars are tuned down. The guy comes in on piano and clashes hard with the guitars. He was already obviously nervous before he butchered the song, and the crowd enjoyed it all the more when they messed up, I think. It was pretty funny at the time.

Keep the other instrument players out of view, unless they are well-known personalities sitting in with the band.

Heh...during Chicago 1 (5/15/01, I think) Bono says "this was our first single on Island Records." The band break into 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, except the Edge's guitar is tuned down 1/2 step and wages all-out war with Adam's bass.

The Edge gets a new guitar, and then Bono says, "this is our second single on Island Records."

Back
Top Bottom