Would U2 ever put out a final album named, "Adult" or "Old Man"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
As being the climb from Boy?

Boy was when they started out relatively young in their sound, and then through the ages they have taken many different directions...

I was wondering if they would call their final album (if one would ever be made) something along the lines of "Man" or "Old Man" you know, something along those lines.

I seriously doubt it... that would be too cheesy. Besides, U2 won't ever release a 'final' album - so many lother long-running bands have done so, only to come out with 'just one more' and it seemed like a marketing ploy. So I just don't see a 'final' U2 album period.

just my thoughts

goat

They said they wanted to call Achtung, Baby "Man" at some point, and they've pretty much said the same thing about every new album since.

How about an LP called "Still Rockin' At 75".

(That was what the sign said at Bono's father's 75th Birthday bash, anyway.)

That sounds like an "old" LP title that wouldn't hurt their image later on, either..:yes:

Well, stranger things have (nearly) happened. Do any of you folks recall, back in the good 'ol days of Pop, Bono making the comment that the band had considered "Pop, pour hommes" (Pop, for men) as the album title? Honestly folks...:reject:
So theu2fly, you might not be too far out here..."Rock, for Grandads" could be the next eagerly anticipated album from Dublins finest export.:p

corner said:
Well, stranger things have (nearly) happened. Do any of you folks recall, back in the good 'ol days of Pop, Bono making the comment that the band had considered "Pop, pour hommes" (Pop, for men) as the album title? Honestly folks...:reject:

Oh my, that would have been absolutely vile. :yuck:

indra said:

Oh my, that would have been absolutely vile. :yuck:

Yep :lol:

That would have been a stinker alright. I get the feeling it was probably an idea inspired by Bono, which the rest of the group dismissed pretty early on.
I can just hear Larry "That's absolutely shhiiite Bono"

:)Just discovered the source for "Pop, for men", Bono's alternative title for the 1997 U2 record. It was quoted in a U2 exclusive issue (126) of Q. Thank Christ, that suggestion was scrapped...:sigh:

indra said:
I like "Geezer" as a title! :)

Featuring a wizened, toothless and seriously crotchity-looking Peter Rowen leering out from the cover...

yolland said:

Featuring a wizened, toothless and seriously crotchity-looking Peter Rowen leering out from the cover...

I like it! :wink:

yolland said:

:laugh: Perfect!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom