Would it be a good idea to release a finalised Mercy as the best of 2000-2010 single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
Like Sweetest thing was for 1980-1990 or Electrical Storm for 1990-2000.....

I don't think Mercy has a chance of making it on the next album. It will most certainly become a b-side form one of the upcoming singles.

this song is so MAGICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!It*s really shame cause it isn*t on album!I hope MERCY will be released as SINGLE!MERCY HAS A POTENTIAL TO BE HUGE SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read in a portuguese weblog that Universal said that Mercy is gonna be the b-side of the next single.

ludilobrate said:
this song is so MAGICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!It*s really shame cause it isn*t on album!I hope MERCY will be released as SINGLE!MERCY HAS A POTENTIAL TO BE HUGE SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like Mercy, but as far as a potential to a huge single, I don't agree. To be a hit single these days, songs must appeal to a wide variety of demographics and must be played on radio stations of different musical genres. On top of that, when was the last time you heard a six minute single?

victor_f said:
I read in a portuguese weblog that Universal said that Mercy is gonna be the b-side of the next single.

=P

because if it's a on a Portugese weblog, it just HAS to be true, right :D

The third single is supposed to commemorate the 25th anniversary so it should be on the third single maybe as a bside. I havent heard it yet, but id rather it as a bside rather than waiting half a decade for its release

I´d love to see "The Rest Of The Best" instead !!!!!!!:bow:

with songs like Gloria, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, One Tree Hill, The Fly, Who´s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Lemon, Please, Last Night On Earth, Walk On, etc.

Another Best of era isn´t a good idea, just remember what happened with Best of 1990 - 2000 :rant: :angry: :censored: :down:

I think we will have to wait for another few years to see if a new single crops up. Remember, it will be AT LEAST six years old on that LP. Sweetest Thing and ES were both brand new when they were released on the GH.

I don't know why there is such a big fuss over Mercy.

It didn't make the album.

Hell, it didn't even make the cut as the b-side to the first single (Are You Gonna Wait Forever and Neon Lights made it).

I don't doubt U2's wisdom.

But to me, Mercy is nothing but a ripoff of A Flock Of Seagull's "The More You Live The More You Love." Obviously, U2 don't want to put obviously and blatanty borrowed riffs and melodies into their released songs.

Mercy shouldn't have even been leaked in the first place. It puts U2 in a bad light.

So the answer is no, it shouldn't be put in the Best Of 2000-2010.

Cheers,

J

Congratulations, Jick. You posted the exact same thing in another thread, word for word. Kudos for originality :wink:

Mercy is too good to be randomly put on a Best Of CD (I don't agree with U2's choices on Best Ofs anyway). It should be on their next album which should be awesome. [/sophisticated talk]

Back
Top Bottom