Would BOY Sell Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it would sell. It would be seen as safe corporate rock because the name 'U2' is on it.

It would sell pretty well because early '80s nostalgia is big right now (Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, etc.) I don't think it would get to No. 1 though.

It's Killer-esque.....So I think it would sell. It would sell beter today if U2 were in their 20's as oppossed to their 40's; w/ that whole MTV thing....where image is 90% of sales

Numb1075 said:
It's Killer-esque.....So I think it would sell. It would sell beter today if U2 were in their 20's as oppossed to their 40's; w/ that whole MTV thing....where image is 90% of sales

I know! Fuckin Britney and Christina and Justin :mad: :madspit:

Yes, as others have said it works well with bands like The Killers and Franz Ferdinand. If we're saying Boy is done by a totally new band in their early 20s, I think it could even reach number one.

Franz Ferdinand sound a bit like U2 first did...

In addition, the last track on Franz Ferdinand is called 40'!

I read the thread title as 'Would ABOY sell?' as in 'all because of you'. :lol:

Umm... yes, I think Boy would sell if it were released right now but probably won't become as well known as it really is today. I mean, I love all this retro rock we've been having lately like Franz, Killers etc. but would any of these bands stand the test of time like so many bands from the 60s, 70s and 80s have? I don't know.

Zootlesque said:
'Would ABOY sell?'

Not outside the US.
"ZING!"

erm...'Boy', yes...I think it would , but it would depend on the exposure the band got beforehand.

I think it would sell well....but umm Interpol's first record Turn on the Bright Lights reminds me a lot of Boy...anyone else find this or do i have to declare myself insane?:wink:

I would only buy it if it had a closeup of Bono's mullet on the cove.r

The irony is that if "Boy" was released today as U2's latest album (followup to the Bomb), though it would sell, it would be a great dissapointment; but if "Boy" was released today as U2's debut album, though it wouldn't sell too much, it would be marked as a great success.

LJT said:
I think it would sell well....but umm Interpol's first record Turn on the Bright Lights reminds me a lot of Boy...anyone else find this or do i have to declare myself insane?:wink:

Nope, everyone is like "Interpol sounds like Joy Division" but I never really listened to Joy Division, but they reminded me of early U2 right away. And for some reason the song PDA always makes me think of Indian Summer Sky :huh:

LJT said:

That's s why I think it would sell really well. A lot of this new bands sound a little like U2 in Boy. :yes:

the killers' song midnight show does remind me of early u2. Boy would do pretty well i think.

Back
Top Bottom