worst U2 song ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
villamania said:
1. Numb
2. Sweetest thing
3. Discotheque
4. Lemon

All a bit embarassing

Right on, my friend. Sweetest Thing is not a BAD song, it's just a little bubble-gum if you ask me. The others you mention are just offensive music. Horrible, horrible stuff.

The album version of 40 is hard for me to listen too, I can't stand it.

Walk to the Water and the alternate version of Sometimes You Can't Make It... from the Complete U2 make me nauseous:huh:

Stop listing Zooropa songs. :angry:

Anyway, the worst U2 song (that's not some obscure track that most fans have never heard) is probably Red Light. It starts out alright, but the trumpets and....ah, I can't even bare to think about it it's so awful. :huh:

And if not that, something on the second half of ATYCLB. I can't even bare to listen to the second half most of the time.

WalkOnTheEdge said:

Right on, my friend. Sweetest Thing is not a BAD song, it's just a little bubble-gum if you ask me. The others you mention are just offensive music. Horrible, horrible stuff.

Lemon, Numb, and Discotheque are all brilliant pieces of pop/rock music. They are a catharsis.

rjhbonovox said:
1. SYCMIOYO
2. Peace On Earth
3. A Man and A Woman
4. COBL
5. Grace

shall I continue...:wink:

Not a big fan of the 2000's, are we?

Yeah, I'd have to say Fortunate Son is one of the worst things I have ever heard. But not counting covers....

Grace
Love Rescue Me
Peace on Earth
Playboy Mansion

WalkOnTheEdge said:

Wow that is some answer, you have a terrible taste in music if you think these great tracks are horrible, horrible music. Sweetest Thing is an ok b-side from the 80's but the others mentioned are superb.
1. Numb
3. Discotheque
4. Lemon

Hang on I just checked the list again....ahhhh I see the problem no Edge twang echo chimming guitar in there, mmmmm oh well maybe a bit leftfield for the stuck in the 80's, never like anything other than chimming Edge guitar fan, I suppose?:wink:

Havent heard Beautiful Ghost, but seeing as we are talking about worst songs....

WILD HONEY

Cant stand it. Starts badly, better towards the end, but still poor and sort of marks the change in quality in ATYCLB. Like pretty much everything else everyone hates, Red Light, EP and America, Refugee, Mothers of the Disappeared.

Not a fan of Man and A Women or OOTS either, rest of HTDAAB is alright though.

IMO songs like Red Light and The Refugee still work because there is lots of energy in the vocal from bono. Songs like Wild Honey or AMAAW seem lacklustre and so are bad songs.

It's interesting because A Man and a Woman sounded good when I first heard it, but as I listened more I just didn't feel anything for it. Granted its not as bad as wild honey, maybe if they played it live I might change my mind. :|

Exit thru Wire said:
It's interesting because A Man and a Woman sounded good when I first heard it, but as I listened more I just didn't feel anything for it, maybe if they played it live I might change my mind. :|

**here's hoping "so-ooo bad" that it's played here on the third leg**

:love: :drool: :bow: :applaud: :combust:

rjhbonovox said:

Wow that is some answer, you have a terrible taste in music if you think these great tracks are horrible, horrible music. Sweetest Thing is an ok b-side from the 80's but the others mentioned are superb.
1. Numb
3. Discotheque
4. Lemon
Indeed.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I fail to see how those three can even be considered candidates for "worst U2 song ever".

Looks unlikely for Europe, US maybe - tho Crumbs seems to have more support. What do you think should be played out of the two. Dont say both!

hedgehog said:

Indeed.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I fail to see how those three can even be considered candidates for "worst U2 song ever".

Yeah, 2 of those (Lemon and Discotheque) are in my top 10. That's along way from the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom