worst U2 song ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate 'streets'....so overated and i really cant stand the intro to it,it just drags on and on

::falls down ded from shock::

My immediate thought upon seeing this thread was "Red Light." Hands down, the most annoying U2 song. Awful. Horrid. Vomit-inducing.

"Fortunate Son" is pretty damn bad, too. I was listening to "Miami" this morning, and you know what? It's not a good song. I would rank a few nasty tracks from October over "Miami" as "worst U2 song," but it's pretty bad.

Axver said:
Worst song ... hmm, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Babyface, In A Little While, and Big Girls Are Best are all contenders.

And I'm a male who thinks A Man And A Woman is a good song. But it's not nearly as good as the wonderful Beautiful Ghost.

You must be tone deaf. In a Little While? Hmffff

I find it amusing that there's no one lead right now for "Worst U2 Song". And I'll refrain from commenting on anyone's previous choices, other than to say these posts are what I had expected - what one detests, another adores. :yes:

As for me, Miami reeks. Big Girls is a stinker, too (although, as a less than svelte lady, I love to hear B singing that "big girls are best" :giggle: ) And I don't know if we're considering covers as well as original material, but their Unchained Melody from the 80-90 Best of B-Sides disc just makes my ears want to bleed. :barf:

Axver said:
Worst song ... hmm, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Babyface, In A Little While, and Big Girls Are Best are all contenders.

And I'm a male who thinks A Man And A Woman is a good song. But it's not nearly as good as the wonderful Beautiful Ghost.

I like the bass in "Babyface," the wind chimey sounds at the beginning, it's the lyrics that are kinda meh.

Treasure is pretty good actually.

I'm surprised that despite all the negative discussion of the brilliant October album on this forum, that no one is mentioning any of the songs off there.

Anyway, my worst ten at the mo would look like this:

1. Love Rescue Me
2. Grace
3. Red Light
4. 40
5. Scarlet
6. First Time
7. Hawkmoon 269
8. Hallelujah Here She Comes
9. In a Little While
10. God Part 2

Always subject to change....still a lot of B sides I havent discovered yet.....

Yeah these offers are great fellas.

I always have trouble gettin songs off the internet

Here's a few I'm needing at the mo:

Touch
Another Day
Treasure
J. Swallow
Boomerang 1 and 2
Always
Where did it all go wrong
11 Oclock tick tock (studio)
boy-girl