Worst U2 Remix....(Not Cover Songs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
For me, I cannot decide between:-

Numb (Soul Assassins Mix)
or
If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix)

I listened to both last night, having not done so for several years, and I still couldnt bring myself to enjoy them!

Any others that get on your nerves?

It would be easier for me to list the remixes that I think DON'T suck:

New Year's Day
Desire Hollywood mix
God Part II
Lounge Fly Mix
Dirty Day Bitter Kiss mix

Everything else - :down:

any remix that just has that disco drum machine beat for the first 5 minutes. If you had to 'name that tune' in 5 minutes or less could you do it? Absolutely not, because they all sound like 10,000 other dance mixes. Does U2 actually authorize all the terrible dance remixes or does the record company. I'd like to give you a specific mix, but I deleted all of them.

JulioArca said:
One of the Mofo remixes was awful, can't remember the name, but it was truly shite!

Phunk Phorce Mix I think it probably was. Terrible.

Pointless U2 Singles (imo of course):-

Even Better Than The Real Thing (Remix Single)

Discoteque (Remix Single)

Mofo (Remix Single)

I hate most remixes. :|

Like delta said, it's easier for me to name remixes that I do like.

But yeah. I have a really hard time listening to the 2nd half of the remix cd on The Best Of.

all of the mysterious ways mixes suck except the solar plexus mix i believe (the one that starts off with some slow music for about 2 minutes before it gets into mysterious ways...) but even then that mix suffers because the voice sounds a lot more echoy (i think it doesn't have the ghost/falsetto voice either) and its missing all of the layered voices at the end of the song.. but its the best one that i've heard.. if they took the added music sequence in the intro and in the bridge and just put those into the original version it would rock.. heck i think if i have time one of these days i'll make my own mix which sounds like that

Yeah, the problem with that Mysterious Ways remix is that the first half is slowed down so it's actually in a lower key than when the faster stuff kicks in. That, and it's like seven minutes long. :drool:

I love a lot of remixes. The Perfecto Remix of "Lemon" got me to enjoy the song (never liked the album version). And I adore the remixed version of "Numb" on the "Best Of" - SO much better than the one on "Zooropa".

However, there are a lot of crap remixes - and some of my least favorite are the remix for "If God Will Send His Angels", many of the "Mofo", "Numb" and "Discotheque" remixes, and the Perfecto remix of "Beautiful Day" (what happened?).

That EBTTRT remix on the Best Of B-Sides makes me want to tear my eyes out...

Those Apollo 440 remixes of Mysterious Ways are awesome.

And just a note for the people bitching about 2 minutes of drums at the beginning of dance remixes.. they are done that way to make it possible to mix the song with the previous one in a continuous dance mix (layer the beat of the next song with those of the previous one so it flows together).. without it they would mix terribly. I know you hate to hear them, but they kinda have to be there and it's not just because the remixers are lazy annoying assholes.

I'm NOT a fan of any of the U2 remixes, except the Elevation, Electrical Storm and Walk On ones.

I know it's not strictly a U2 release, but the LMC Vs. U2 song was horrifying.

ponkine said:
Every "New Mix" from Best Of 1990-2000 :mad: :madspit: etc

:up: Fully agree - the worst one of all: Gone - New Mix :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: completely f***ed up an otherwise wonderful song.

However I should say that the "new mixes" are not "remixes" (i.e. new versions based on the original songs created by DJs). In this category the Grand Prize goes to Numb - Gimme Some More Dignity Mix
Absolutely revolting :yuck:

While on the subject of awful remixes...

I just listened to the 1990-2000 b-sides disc for maybe the 3rd time since I bought it 2 years ago and I cannot fathom why some songs were left off in order to put these stupid remixes on, which are basically other people work and not U2.

Where Is:

-Alex descends...?
-Salome (non-crappy remix version)?
-Slow Dancing (acoustic)
-Slow Dancing (Willie Nelson)
-Where Did it All Go Wrong?
-Two Shots of Happy...?
-Paint it Black?
-Fortunate Son?
-Satelite of Love?
-Holy Joe (non-crappy mix)
-Night and Day (any version)

WHY ARE THESE SONGS NOT ON THERE!!!? So many good songs left off for what? So we could remember these stupid, outdated remixes (which are not even the work of U2 for the most part)? It still pisses me off that U2 botched up what could have been an amazing collection of B-sides.

Don't even get me started on the Disc 1 "Best Of".

As for the topic, which one is the worst? Take your pick. Some are better than others but I don't care enough to decide which is worst.

OK I'm Done...

...maybe

beau2ifulday said:
I know it's not strictly a U2 release, but the LMC Vs. U2 song was horrifying.

I'll agree there. It's funny cause a local sorta DJ Max Graham has been playing an awesome awesome progressive house remix of With Or Without You. (well this is much earlier this year). We asked him what it was after the show, and he said he had no idea cause a DJ friend just kinda handed it to him (so things work in the world of vinyl.. white labels and all).

When I heard about the lmc thing I was thinking maybe it was this and was fairly excited... but instead it was a load of tripe

ultraviolet7 said:
In this category the Grand Prize goes to Numb - Gimme Some More Dignity Mix
Absolutely revolting :yuck:

Isn't that the one that just says "Too much is not enough" like fifty bajillion times? :eyebrow: if so yep, that one is pretty wretched... I don't even know half the remixes, most of the dance remixes are shite except the Discotheque ones (hey, the Discotheque single was the SECOND U2 CD I ever got, and I listened to that thing like mad. I was 9 and repetitive electronic music didn't bother me :p) I'm not a big fan of U2 remixes... though the Lady With the Spinning Head remix is miles better than the original, but that's one of the few. Most remixes I find rather pointless.

As for the new Pop mixes, I'm not a huge fan of them, they took the fun out of the songs...I mean, no boomchas in Discotheque?! It ain't right I tells ya, it just ain't right...

I wish U2 had never made a single remix, even though I like the Dub Mix of Wire.

Now the new mixes on the Best Of ... that's a different story. If you think the New Mix of Gone is bad, you obviously need to wax your ears. That made me a fanatic in the first place. The New Mix of Numb is pretty good too, though Discotheque needs some "BOOM-CHA!" and SATS is somewhat lacking.

Back
Top Bottom