Worst U2 Remix....(Not Cover Songs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

Isn't that the one that just says "Too much is not enough" like fifty bajillion times? :eyebrow: if so yep, that one is pretty wretched... I don't even know half the remixes, most of the dance remixes are shite except the Discotheque ones (hey, the Discotheque single was the SECOND U2 CD I ever got, and I listened to that thing like mad. I was 9 and repetitive electronic music didn't bother me :p) I'm not a big fan of U2 remixes... though the Lady With the Spinning Head remix is miles better than the original, but that's one of the few. Most remixes I find rather pointless.

As for the new Pop mixes, I'm not a huge fan of them, they took the fun out of the songs...I mean, no boomchas in Discotheque?! It ain't right I tells ya, it just ain't right...

I agree, the only two remixes that probably are equal or better than the original versions are Lady With the Spinning Head & Electrical Storm

The Dirty Day remix from the Best of 1990-2000 B-sides never fails 2 give me a splitting headache:mad:

Axver said:
Now the new mixes on the Best Of ... that's a different story. If you think the New Mix of Gone is bad, you obviously need to wax your ears.

Who says so? :eyebrow: My ears are in perfectly good shape, don't worry. Gone is one of my all time U2 faves and the new mix is in my opinion completely atrocious - not to say something worse, sorry.

this isn't QUITE on topic, but from what i've heard of the Jacknife Lee remix of vertigo, it sounds like it could be one of their better remixes to date.

I think one song has produced the best and worst of U2 remixes.

The best-Lemon Perfecto, this was played at every POPmart show, DURING the show and didn't even make the Best of disc two. Somebody should be shot for that.

The worst-many to choose from but Lemon Jeep Mix is horrific.

runner up best-Night and Day Steel String mix
runner up worst-that one on the single of MOFO that sucks, the other one is cool.

deltau922 said:
It would be easier for me to list the remixes that I think DON'T suck:

New Year's Day
Desire Hollywood mix
God Part II
Lounge Fly Mix
Dirty Day Bitter Kiss mix

Everything else - :down:

does anyone have the dirty day bitter kiss mix??? id greatlty appreciate it....celtic78@optonline.net thanks very much..:)

NYRangers78 said:

does anyone have the dirty day bitter kiss mix??? id greatlty appreciate it....celtic78@optonline.net thanks very much..:)

It's on the Please single...but I dont have it on computer to be able to send it:|

ponkine said:
Every "New Mix" from Best Of 1990-2000 :mad: :madspit: :evil: :censored: :rant: :grumpy: :down: :silent: :banghead: :coocoo:

Actually, those are all good mixes: Gone is awesome, Discotheque finally sounds like a proper band is playing, Staring at the sun has added Edge in the chorus and more drums in the "intransigence" bit. Even Numb is tolerable, and I really like the added guitar towards the end.

On the Best of side 2, I only really like 3 remixes: Lady with the spinning head, Salome and Mysterious ways.

SkeeK said:

When I heard about the lmc thing I was thinking maybe it was this and was fairly excited... but instead it was a load of tripe

I hate to say this, but after a while, I found myself really liking the LMC song - in spite of myself. I liked the energy of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom