WORST song survivor: war (final round)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• the refugee

Votes: 55 76.4%
  • red light

Votes: 17 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
last round had surrender saying goodbye. i'm sure it's no surprise to anyone who the final contenders are for war. :D

full results:
the refugee: 13
red light: 2
surrender: 43

the rules are pretty easy. this is for worst song U2 survivor. this means you vote OFF your FAVOURITE song. the goal here is to see what is the least-liked U2 song for each album, and narrow it down to least-liked song ever.

ROUND SEVEN (WAR):
- the refugee
- red light

you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

timing of the poll: there are so many rounds, it really makes sense to keep each individual round as a timed ONE day poll. when we get to the end of each round, the final poll will last two days, to give more people a chance to vote.

ties will be broken by eliminating both songs from the poll UNLESS we are in the top five. even if there are three tied, all three will be eliminated. any more of a tie (four-way tie, etc.), then we will have a tiebreaker round.

also, when we get down to the final round (the winner of each previous round going against each other), these polls will last two days. the same tiebreaking rules apply.

remember, vote for what you consider to be the strongest song, or your favourite. this competition is to determine the WORST U2 song.

to view what's been considered eligible and what album (or b-sides) will be used next, please consult the preliminaries thread. note: this thread is now closed; i am just including the link for your viewing pleasure.

I look forward to seeing "Red Light" go down in massive flames.

"The Refugee" will live to rock on another day!

Originally posted in the last round by Khanada
11 o'clock tick tock
even better than the real thing
seconds
discotheque (popmart mexico city's was bloody brilliant)
pride (given that they play it at the proper tempo for once)
a day without me
running to stand still
luminous times
spanish eyes
billy boola
salome
lady with the spinning head
wire
heartland
indian summer sky

Billy Boola?! I've never played that one. Well, this is quite the collection and a challenge. Let's see where we get with putting those into a set! :rockon:

The Refugee. It rocks. :rockon:

Oh boy, next album up is The Unforgettable Fire. $100 says Axver deems it a disgrace after each and every elimination for that album :wink: :wink: :wink:

OK, here we go ... I came up with this.

2006-08-15: The Orpheum, Memphis - Tennessee

1. Discothèque
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing
3. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
4. Wire
5. Indian Summer Sky
6. Seconds
7. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
8. Spanish Eyes
9. I Will Follow
10. Out Of Control
11. Salome
12. Billy Boola
13. Lady With The Spinning Head
14. Mofo
15. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
16. A Day Without Me

17. Bullet The Blue Sky
18. Running To Stand Still
19. Please
20. Where The Streets Have No Name

21. City Of Blinding Lights
22. Heartland
23. Luminous Times
24. 40

namkcuR said:
The Refugee. It rocks. :rockon:

Oh boy, next album up is The Unforgettable Fire. $100 says Axver deems it a disgrace after each and every elimination for that album :wink: :wink: :wink:

JUST THE THOUGHT OF ELIMINATING SONGS FROM UF IS A DISGRACE!!!! :madspit:

:wink:

Hey, I won't even be here for some of that, seeing I fly to the US in three days and my total travelling time is longer than one round.

Axver said:
Billy Boola?! I've never played that one. Well, this is quite the collection and a challenge. Let's see where we get with putting those into a set! :rockon:
what's your e-mail? i love that setlist :drool:

btw beli i fixed your vote for you :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

what's your e-mail? i love that setlist :drool:

btw beli i fixed your vote for you :wink:

amakaxver[at]gmail.com, though if you're referring to my Billy Boola comment, what I meant is that I haven't played it on the tour. This is insane. The tour began in January 2005 and I'm still debuting songs in August 2006. I'm wracking my brains trying to think of songs I haven't used yet.

And I'm glad you like the set! I'm pretty keen on the Discotheque --> EBTTRT combo I created to open. I'd also love to hear Mofo --> Brick, with Mofo coming to an end and Larry suddenly breaking into Brick's opening drums.

Axver said:
if you're referring to my Billy Boola comment, what I meant is that I haven't played it on the tour. This is insane. The tour began in January 2005 and I'm still debuting songs in August 2006. I'm wracking my brains trying to think of songs I haven't used yet.

And I'm glad you like the set! I'm pretty keen on the Discotheque --> EBTTRT combo I created to open. I'd also love to hear Mofo --> Brick, with Mofo coming to an end and Larry suddenly breaking into Brick's opening drums.
oh, so you have the song? :up:

if i really had no life, i'd find as many of these songs live as possible and splice them together so it sounds like it's one concert or something. but i think for now i'll just stick with studio versions. :der:

hey btw i didn't realize you were leaving for the states so soon. were you still wanting to meet up in memphis? i'll be out of work all of june so i'll have plenty of time to play tour guide. :sigh:

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh, so you have the song? :up:

if i really had no life, i'd find as many of these songs live as possible and splice them together so it sounds like it's one concert or something. but i think for now i'll just stick with studio versions. :der:

hey btw i didn't realize you were leaving for the states so soon. were you still wanting to meet up in memphis? i'll be out of work all of june so i'll have plenty of time to play tour guide. :sigh:

Yeah, I have the song, though I haven't played it in ages. I put it on so I could work it into the set. I'm now working on sets for the later shows at the Orpheum. I have 14 from 15 August to 3 September. I'm starting to think I might have U2 cover an entire album by another band one night just to be really random ...

Definitely want to meet up in Memphis! :) I fly out on the 20th, then I'm off to Boston from the 24th to the 29th, and then I have all of June to plan. It's pretty hard to know just where I can go and when as it's dependent on when Kate has a car, but we are DEFINITELY coming to Memphis. At some uncertain point!

Axver said:
Definitely want to meet up in Memphis! :) I fly out on the 20th, then I'm off to Boston from the 24th to the 29th, and then I have all of June to plan. It's pretty hard to know just where I can go and when as it's dependent on when Kate has a car, but we are DEFINITELY coming to Memphis. At some uncertain point!
cool :up:

:hmm: Red Light or The Refugee ??
Two songs that just don't "cut it" on War ... if you ask me !!
As a matter of fact ... SUCK !! ... Which one to vote off ??
Which one would I like more ?? :hmm:
That really is going to make a GOOD debate here !!
I guess I'd have to go with The Refugee ... not that I care ...
just would rather keep that song than Red Light ...

Tough choice. I usually skip both of these songs. Hearing that "Whoa whoa!" just utterly kills the mood created by Drowning Man. And Red Light is just...bad. But choosing the lesser of two evils, I picked The Refugee.

Red Light features ultra sweet production........ :drool: But I guess that isn't enough for you people to vote for it. :madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom