WORST song survivor: pop (round two)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• discotheque

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • do you feel loved

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • mofo

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • if god will send his angels

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • staring at the sun

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • last night on earth

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • gone

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • miami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the playboy mansion

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • if you wear that velvet dress

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • wake up dead man

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

I'm more suprised at all the votes for Velvet Dress. I never in a million years would have thought it would be somones favourite (or second favourite) song on the album.

I am wrong often. :silent:

That surprises me too, but ... Discotheque borders on tacky and cheesy on the album. Horrid first single! But it bloody well rocked live!!

"Discotheque" in third.............behind the inferior versions of "Gone" and "Last Night On Earth"? Ugh, where did all the true fans go?

With Gone out I start thinking what to vote next... probably Last Night on Earth. Maybe too early for Wake Up Dead Man.

I'm glad to see The Playboy Mansion getting more votes than Miami. Gives me hope that Miami will be the last one and not PM... I love PM :reject:

timothius said:

I'm more suprised at all the votes for Velvet Dress. I never in a million years would have thought it would be somones favourite (or second favourite) song on the album.

I am wrong often. :silent:

For me, "Velvet Dress" is excellent for a lot of reasons:

1.) First of all, it's flat-out sexy.

2.) Second of all, it's unlike any other song U2 have ever done...it's not sexy like "Mysterious Ways" or "Even Better than the Real Thing" or "Trip Through Your Wires" is sexy. There's such an aura of intense passion mixed with a feeling of utter despair that twists through "Velvet Dress"...totally amazing, totally at home on Pop, and totally not what you'd expect from Bono or U2 until exactly that time. They'll never have a "Velvet Dress" again.

3.) Beautiful lyrics ("tonight the moon is a mirrorball/light flickers from across the hall/we'll catch the star when it falls") that are surely among Bono's absolute best.

4.) Edge's guitar from the third verse on...it really evokes (for me)a slow, exquisite fall, the slides and then the harp-like repetition of the three notes throughout.

:up: Just a stunning, incredibly unique song.

Great post, pax. I agree 100% :up: Velvet Dress is the sexiest song U2 has ever done. Once Gone is outta here, that song gets my vote.

I always miss rounds! Finally caught one again. I do like Gone and a lot of Pop, but I have to vote for MOFO

Musique47.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom